Archetype's Pro7 Mazda RX-7 race car

Archetype

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Weren't you studying to be an Aircraft engineer? Work it out for yourself instead of spamming up this thread.

Nice work this weekend Brent! The car appeared to go really well and you're obviously getting a handle on it. Thinking about extending or bending the accelerator pedal to make it easier to heel toe?

Nice work this weekend Brent! The car appeared to go really well and you're obviously getting a handle on it. Thinking about extending or bending the accelerator pedal to make it easier to heel toe?

Yeah, I got a huge amount of track time over the weekend, so I went from being a first-timer with no clue about the braking points and corners, to feeling pretty confident about pushing reasonably hard.

Modifying the brake/accelerator pedal is on my list of refinements to make before the next round in February. It's still 2 months away, but I'll have to get onto it fairly quickly as I'll be away for nearly half that time.

We went for a track walk later and noted that your grass skids looked like someone had drawn a huge diddle on the infield.

Just thought I'd congratulate you for that...

Oh damn, I wish I got a photo of that.

I wouldn't mind some sort of rwd track hack to thrash around for a bit of practice. I want to be able to get sideways and do a bit of drifting without breaking this car.

• 1 month later...

Nice pics /\/\/\. :iconbiggrin:

The car's looking a little smoky in the top photo, and I really need to get some wheel spacers to fill out the guards.

Here's an in-car video from the last race of the weekend (skip to 2min 50sec if you don't want to see the warm-up lap):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yEIxiG09qmE

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks - it was a really enjoyable weekend at Hampton Downs - especially that last race.

We were at Manfeild this weekend just gone, as well as two weeks ago (so 3 rounds out of 4 weekends in a row). I've got a bit of video footage (haven't watched it yet), but I don't think it'll be very exciting as I struggle to keep up with the Pro7 Plus cars due to the long straights.

I'll have some more pics up soon too.