Any of you cunts keen for a cruise up to the go-kart track?

RUNAMUCK

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my car will be off the road for a few weeks while it becomes more shiney and less multicoloured. im now keen for Sundays due to changing work, and if my car isn't on the road will definitely throw in some gas money for someone if they are keen

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/5194425/Police-have-frantic-Saturday-night-in-Kaikoura

Mr Hansen said earlier yesterday, members of the Canterbury highway patrol and two police from Blenheim travelled to Kaikoura to provide back-up when the police caught wind of a boy-racer event planned for the town that weekend. One person was arrested for driving when disqualified and six cars were impounded, all but one belonging to people who did not live in Kaikoura.

The boy-racer meet was thought to have been organised on social website facebook by someone living outside Kaikoura, with the intention of using the town's public Go-Kart track, Mr Hansen said.

That must mean the track is a public road....?????? That is such bullshit. Surely going to a unused go kart track to do your skids instead of a public road is a good thing for everyone. The police are always saying to keep the racing off the streets and when we do they still come down hard. They really don't do themselves any favours. They are fuelling the fire. Do they really think they can control New Zealand's bogan culture? Not going to happen. To make any real progress both cops and car enthusiasts need to show respect. I'm not sure about other peoples opinions but I think the increased penalties for bogan related offences are not solving any problems at all. If not the opposite. I personally feel that the laws are not well thought through and more importantly unfair which makes me feel less inclined to obey them. Or maybe the moral of the story is don't use facebook.

PS- A less conspicuous way to organise a day could involve the PM system rather than public posting?

Hang on before you go all nato ridal, it doesnt say anywhere where they people were caught, chances are the police set up a check point on the road, not on the gocart track or track to it. Which would be understandable - people caught with illegally modified cars and unlicensed...

Yes I did jump the gun there. But BZG|Bling said someone had been done? Although his comment could also be taken as a plain factual statement. Does anyone know the legalities of having a thrash on the go kart track in Kaikora? Worth asking police?

I'm all about the drive up there myself. That inland road is wicked as.

The go-kart track is just a bit of fun on the side to me.

EDIT, we can nut out a date for this meet at the begining of the month meet coming up. (Wherever we have that)

Hang on before you go all nato ridal, it doesnt say anywhere where they people were caught, chances are the police set up a check point on the road, not on the gocart track or track to it. Which would be understandable - people caught with illegally modified cars and unlicensed...

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... .531353700

photos to prove.

legally you can be reemed up the arse for having a play on the track. not sure why they are now cracking down considering as cops have been known to watch in the past.

someone needs to email kaikoura police and find out what the go is - i know by law you can be done there but it seems strange that they have allowed it to go on until now

Yes I did jump the gun there. But BZG|Bling said someone had been done? Although his comment could also be taken as a plain factual statement. Does anyone know the legalities of having a thrash on the go kart track in Kaikora? Worth asking police?

Yes they were caught having fun on the go cart track and had their car impounded. Anywhere the public can drive is classed as a public road I think. Back in the day when I went to paddock bashing days they always locked the gate, it's no longer public access if the public can't get there.

This statutory definition covers places to which the public have access - whether of right or not. For an example, read the definition of 'road' in the Land Transport Act 1998 (on the Public Access to Legislation Project website). Take particular note of paragraph (d) and the words 'A place to which the public have access, whether as of right or not'.

Another feature, not seen often overseas, is the specific inclusion of a beach as a road. This allows local authorities to set speed limits on beaches, and also allows the New Zealand Police to enforce traffic laws, such as registration requirements, that apply to the on-road use of motor vehicles.

The definition aims to ensure that the public are protected from the misuse of motor vehicles, even in areas where we would not ordinarily expect to find motor vehicles. It is important to note that the definition does not give a right of access to any area covered by it, but rather ensures that the Act, and others like it, applies regardless of any public rights of access and use.

Because of the wide scope of the definition, the courts have developed a number of principles that they apply when considering whether a place is a road. These include that:

'public' means the public in general, and not just a section of the public

it is not enough that the place is physically open to the public - they must be shown to be actually using it.