Clunking noise over undulations at low speed

lowlancer

Sup babes

Legnum has developed an clunking noise as it goes over potholes and shit at low speed. Happens as I roll over with front right wheel, but noise seems to be coming from rear- this may be my superhuman hearing tricking me however.

Explain post haste and I shall reward your enthusiasm for satisfying a fellow man with my congratulations and general esteem.

Sway bar bushes are common. If they are loose just remove the bush. Then wrap the bar with tape until they fit tight.

Three people bet me too it :x

dont do this because its fucking retarded

Wow your argument has so many valid points. Whats worng with it anyway it stops the noise, you can't see it if you do it properly, if you did not know about it you would never know its there.

Sway bar bushes are common. If they are loose just remove the bush. Then wrap the bar with tape until they fit tight.

Three people bet me too it :x

dont do this because its fucking retarded

Wow your argument has so many valid points. Whats worng with it anyway it stops the noise, you can't see it if you do it properly, if you did not know about it you would never know its there.

I literally cannot believe your debating this! whats wrong with it is that swaybars have a twisting action with weight on them. after about 4 full suspension travels your adhesive on the tape will be rendered fucking useless and the tape will start to spill out either side of said bush

what did you do for a living again?

:?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?:

had a similar issue with the parents STi, my brother spent forever trying to track it even to the point of swapping the entire diff setup from another STi one night, only to take it for a drive and it still clunked.

Turns out it was just stones getting into the spring seat and wedging themselves under the spring over time...

very common problem on those is the ball joint on the end of the front lower control arm wearing. i lost count of how many of those arms i replaced on 12 month old galants under warranty when i worked at mitsi

this is the gospel.

one of the most common parts i sell. The straight lower control arm is shiiiiit from factory and pretty easy/ inexpensive to replace.

otherwise inspect all bushes.

also on the above topic... sway bar bushes are like 20-40 bucks. just fucking replace them