anglia4's anglia zetec

anglia4

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of keeping it ford in a ford and wanted a reasonably modern, cheap, twin-cam engine that would give me decent power.

nah not many performance goodies for it over here but that doesnt really worry me at this stage. engine only cost me $250 in the end!

Yea fair enough for wanting to keep it ford.

Will look sweet once you have it done. make sure you have a plan else it just drags on and on and on....... Mine was ment to be a quick couple of month thing which has now turned into 4 yrs and still not wofed and enjoying it.

What capri parts you wanting??? I'm trying to get rid of sum parts

im just after the strut inserts from a mk1 or i think a mk3 will fit too.

they are shorter than the mk2 corty strut inserts so i can cut out a section of the strut housing and shorten them up to fit the capri inserts.

the cortina struts have fairly close geometry to the anglia, they just need to have the track control arms lengthened, the steering arms shortened, and the strut itself shortened slightly.

yeah i tried to get the engine as low as possible, has to come up slightly from there coz the starter is fouling on the x-member at the moment.

yeah the 4 speed is only temporary though until i can be bothered cutting up the trans tunnel and forking out to modify the speedo and driveshaft. If i get time and find enough money over summer i will do it but at the moment it looks like it will be left til later. I'll just have to be gentle on it :(

hmmm have been thinking a bit since posting that and have almost convinced myself to go down the 5 speed route from the start....

reckon it will cost me less in the long run, coz that 4 speed is just gunna be a time bomb :lol: .

needa find a yoke for my gearbox though and someone who can modify my driveshaft cheaply :?

• 2 weeks later...

Dedicated...... awesome

Hey with the mk2 struts are the lower control arms not avaiable new anymore- on the anglias i used to build we would run the whole strut- hub- brake and LCA assembly which gave a small amount of extra track on the front while stil keeping the swaybar mounting poisiton the same and no other messing round. Oh one other thing is in the beginning we would run the anglia top mount but found they would shit out regularly so ended up cutting and redrilling the cortina top mount which actually made quite a difference to the positive feel of the steering (and looked way better in the engine bay too!)

keep at it man- I love the anglias!!

I had just planned to do the LCAs the same as what i have seen others do online,

which was to lengthen the anglia LCAs, that must be to retain the original track and camber angle, and i think the anglia ones are lengthened as opposed to the cortina ones shortened because the anglia ones are easier to cut and weld and keep strong.

my only concern is that it is going to be very hard to get the sway bar on...

the steering arms on the struts get shortened to get the right amount of lock etc.

does that all sound about right to you guys?

gonna be hammer and chisel to get it done anyway, im hoping to get it finished to take back to chch at the end of feb.

where do you use the seam sealer? is it just stuff that you paint on over the seals after you weld bits like those on?

i got screwed over on my carbs too, i bought some R1 carbs from ebay but when they arrived they have got injectors in the side of them and arent carbs at all! so now i have a set of 02 R1 throttle bodies for sale and am desperately hunting for a set of 01 or earlier carbs from an R1