anglia4's anglia zetec

anglia4

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi guys currently putting a zetec into my anglia with a sierra 5speed . running 4age quad throttle bodys full disk break convesion (315 console front and 95 honda calipers with 5 seris bmw disks) the body has mk1 esky bubble guards all round and a fiberglass dash with mk1 cortina gt gauges . getting there slowly but almost time for paint .

hi guys currently putting a zetec into my anglia with a sierra 5speed . running 4age quad throttle bodys full disk break convesion (315 console front and 95 honda calipers with 5 seris bmw disks) the body has mk1 esky bubble guards all round and a fiberglass dash with mk1 cortina gt gauges . getting there slowly but almost time for paint .

Sounds like a good project!

Haven't had a chance to touch my car for ages. Had hoped to get a bit of work done on it over summer but never got a chance to even touch it. The engine in my mustang was making a bit of a tapping noise so I pulled it down and found 2 burnt valves, 1 broken timing chain tensioner and 5 spun bearings! Engine builder reckoned one more thrashing and it would have thrown a rod...

Along with that i've been working full time over summer so had no spare time anyway.

I've taken measurements of all my suspension points though and I've got a bunch of books and going to get some software and do a proper analysis and redesign the suspension to try and get it to really handle. I'm also toying with the idea of going IRS but we will see about that one.

While I've been ordering parts for the mustang engine from the states I thought I would get some bits for the anglia sent over too so I've ordered my Eaton M90 supercharger and a set of R1 quad carbs to get some more horsies from it :D

• 2 months later...

looking good, have you thaught about how you are going to tune your fueling? in all honesty fuel injection will be your best bet.

it may sound like a lot of cost but you will other wise have endless tuning issues that will also cost. i dont feel that those carbs are the right tool for this job.

that m90 on this motor will see 10psi easy. my zetec on 4psi with a sc12 was 140kw atw. so yours will be fast, done right.

Yeah in all honesty I had been having the same thoughts. It has just been an idea that has evolved, I was initially just going to run NA with the R1 carbs, and then decided to go SC but yeah am starting to think it will be much much easier if I go with Throttle bodies and injection.

Will keep planning and thinking about it before I go selling the carbs though.

Dad will be gutted haha he worked so hard to solder together my Megajolt! :?

in that case sell me the superchager bits you have!
but yeah am starting to think it will be much much easier if I go with Throttle bodies and injection.

What I meant by that was Throttle bodies + injection + supercharger :D

in that case sell me the superchager bits you have!
but yeah am starting to think it will be much much easier if I go with Throttle bodies and injection.

What I meant by that was Throttle bodies + injection + supercharger :D

for a road car deffently dont run sc into throttle bodies. boost dnt change with throttle position (unless you have some fancy valves)and its a night mear to tune plus its hard on the sc. that m90 has a throttle body attached to the inlet of it.

What front struts are in it at the moment? I want to look at lowering and discs in the future but cannot afford the Milton Mk2 conversion. Talk to you at the anglia lunch.

have you spoken to retroford in the UK? they do some 105e zetec conversion gear

I guess you have been to www.105speed.com

for a road car deffently dont run sc into throttle bodies. boost dnt change with throttle position (unless you have some fancy valves)and its a night mear to tune plus its hard on the sc. that m90 has a throttle body attached to the inlet of it.

Hadn't thought of it like that, had always just thought a blow through set up would be similar with throttle bodies to how it would be with a carb?

felixx - the struts I have for it are mk2 cortina ones, the plan was to cut and shut them with shorter inserts and a coil over kit. However i'm starting to plan something a little different but i'm going to keep it to myself for the moment until I've thought it all the way through.

if you are planning something not involving Mk2 struts I would be keen to buy em off ya in the future.

Still running std struts on mine at the moment.

What is the ride height like with std Mk2 struts?

At the moment I am planning on keeping the struts even if I don't use them I think. They are getting pretty hard to come by and I think they are a good brake upgrade for a mk1 cortina (which my mrs just happens to want to buy in the next year or so).

Not sure exactly how much lower you can really get away with on them. It depends on how short the inserts are that you get, then after that you can drop it as much as you like, but as you start to run out of shock travel you have to go for harder springs. And then after that you need to consider the bump steer geometry between the tie rod and lower control arm, and you might also be limited to how low you can go if you run out of angle in the ball joints.

So since you are customizing the struts really there is no set answer.

That said, this page here http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.c ... 095&page=1 is a really good place to start.

But like I say you can use whatever inserts will fit so you could go even lower but are limited by other geometry.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...