Dave's not so 4WD spec Miata from the future

karmagedon

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a quiet fetish for these things, a friend of mine (Female hairdresser....) has a 1st gen 1.6, lowered on 16s. It handles nicely, but i find it gutless, they either need: more displacement, more boost or more Row-tree.

P.S. These look just like miniture battys when fitted with hardtops & veilside kits

yeh but you're gay. The 1.8 isnt as fun as the 1.6 i reckon. The 1.8 turbo in the gen two is kind of lol tho...

The 1.6 with no powersteering is men fun and they sound nice. I've driven every mx5 evah and the first is the best imo. Keep it fairy standard if you want a fun road car. Dont bother lowering it and fiting wide wheels and tyres as it'll probably just make it less fun and more of a handful on NZ style backroads. Horsepower is for girls. Keep it standard and hit SH16 early in the morning/late at night

Have to say that the veilside kit and hard top does make it look alot like a mini batmobile.

Am going to pick up some 17" rims tomorrow. Flame suit on and all. But alas, I don't want my car 2" from the ground at the moment. Could do with a lil lower however. Might do at tech sometime along with wheel align.

Found out my roof leaks fairly bad sometimes, as passenger seat was soaked after standing out in rain. However that hasn't happened for a while so Don't know what's up with that.