Dave's not so 4WD spec Miata from the future

karmagedon

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

God I want one of these. Agree that the smaller wheels look nicer.

It's almost like the N****s in the states who stick 30inch wheels on the low lows. Just not right. Plus I'd be scared of the thing tipping over.

Awesome car anyway, bet it's loads of fun around the roundabouts in the wet!

Could just do what i did and slap a 1UZ in one. Some of you may of seen it befor as i built it about 4 years ago. Main reason i did it was to prove it could be done. All in all a great conversion. Handled well and went pretty hard. Alot of work though. Can run through the whole conversion in cluding diff swap if anyones interested.

I have some finished pics of it somewhere but the pics below are all i could find at the moment.

I have since sold it and it now runs NOS and is a consistant 12 sec car.

webmx5-004.jpg

webmx5-005.jpg

webmx5-011.jpg

Here are some picks that I took when I first put the wheels on

6296_131132725897_775775897_3108301_3519913_n.jpg

6296_131132770897_775775897_3108305_2925694_n.jpg

The good : I like the way larger wheels make the car look even smaller

The bad : scrubbing and lots of it. Can't say I've noticed alot different ride characteristics however.

Another bad point : I am actually really starting to like the look of 13's + slam. However, due to the fact that these tyres cost me a shitload, I will only look into getting new wheels once these tyres start to die. ( skids to hasten process?? ). Also please GTFO with any "told you sos'

I prefer smaller wheels but I could understand 17's in a style that was more appropriate for the car. Those ones you have on there are just plain nasty. I can't think of any vehicle they would suit, oh, no... maybe an islander-spec Estima.

Still, it's quite likely you could sell that rim and tyre combo for a amount that would cover the purchase of a smaller wheel and tire combo.

Still, it's quite likely you could sell that rim and tyre combo for a amount that would cover the purchase of a smaller wheel and tire combo.

Speaketh the truth

Plus a even if there is a bit of outlay cost, it would be more than payed back by 1000% increase in awesomeness over existing