Dave's not so 4WD spec Miata from the future

karmagedon

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keeper springs would probably be about 20 bucks and solve the issue now rather than saving up for expensive adjustable ones for no real reason if the cars not getting track use, imo. But each to their own.

Had a browse on TM, and seems you are correct. What type would be best? One that just sits on top of the other spring or one that has a spacer/nut inbetween the two sets of springs?

EDIT: I do use some back country roads for some very hard driving. Would keeper springs come into effect here?

EDIT: I do use some back country roads for some very hard driving. Would keeper springs come into effect here?

Keeper springs have no effect once the weight of the car is on the suspension. All keeper springs do is KEEP the springs captive when you jack it up.

My Tein Type RA coilovers have them, so its safe to say they work

Keeper springs have no effect once the weight of the car is on the suspension. All keeper springs do is KEEP the springs captive when you jack it up.

My Tein Type RA coilovers have them, so its safe to say they work

or otherwise completely unload the suspension i.e. corner hard on a cambered corner where the inside wheel dips down/hard enough lean to pull a wheel

or get some airtime 8)

lancia037.jpg

I just picked up a NA8 for track abuse. Instead of trying to build a car, just rape a factory one instead.

1800cc, LSD, Manual, Mazda speed stainless exhaust, wof, reg, 130,000km.

Will post picktures when i pick it up next week.

$3500, roofs fucked though. But the car is in mint condition. One lady owner for 8 years (my mum hahaha).

going to throw my 15x8 enkies on there, and slam it on some adjustables i have when i pick it up next week.

I could get it now but im still clearing old soarer junk out of my garage.

• 3 months later...