Dave's not so 4WD spec Miata from the future

karmagedon

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but "the noise" should also occur every other time when the clutch is disengaged not just while stopping.

Anyone that knows what a thrust bearing is should be able to provide a more in depth diagnosis.

We should probably just help him lol.

If the cars in neutral with the motor running and you press the clutch does it make the same noise?

It's allright Simon, I know its the thrust / pinion bearing. But thanks for offering to help.

I havn't really noticed it when changing gears while moving, hence I stated while stopping. Although today I think I might have heard it once. It's also not playing up all the time while the clutch is engaged. It started happening yesterday, so could still only be mild wear??

Although when bearing dry out I don't see how they can be more dried out one day than the next?? Anyway.

So I found out today that you can get 16" brakes for these. What would you possibly need that for short of a 2000hp jet engine??

Also went to change the thrust bearing, couldn't get the gearbox nuts up the top loose, so decided screw it for now, I havn't heard the noise in about a week,

True elliot, I haven't done much research on the theory behind coilovers. Suppose you don't know what you need to learn until you find out you need to learn it. Will do some reading.

Yea it has Gaz adjustable suspenion in it. And true again about it being jacked up because of the 17's. ( Hence why I changed the thread tittle to 4WD spec when I put them on ).