Dave's not so 4WD spec Miata from the future

karmagedon

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh rite. Nah it doesn't really get alot of water down the tips. tested it in rain with cup of equal ID to see how much rain is in cup. Sweet FA.

Haven't investigated air box. Never gave that any thought.

But it was mainly the diff that was making aqward noises after hard driving and in high revs backing off in 3rd and 4th ='d backfires??

exhaust does rub on diff every now and then, however that wasn't the noises it was making. Maybe heated up diff oil too much and viscosity caused not enough lubrication??

backfire could be caused by no baffles, only really noticed it when I just feathered the throttle and then backed off.

Well atleast now I know what causes it. Meen. Mazda meet morris spec.

Yea, I checked it a while back. Still looked clean so left it at that. Would be interesting to see what new oil would do. Same for Gearbox I assume. 250k km's and still running original fluids. mean / probably / lame

was in reference to the exhaust tips.

if the oil was to heat up from the exhaust it would make it more viscous not less broseph

also the morrus needs backpressure from the exhaust and the mazda doesnt.

i seriously suggest you put even a smallish hole at the lowest point of those tips man, even 5 or 6mm just to let the water out. if you already havent that is.

was in reference to the exhaust tips.

if the oil was to heat up from the exhaust it would make it more viscous not less broseph

also the morrus needs backpressure from the exhaust and the mazda doesnt.

i seriously suggest you put even a smallish hole at the lowest point of those tips man, even 5 or 6mm just to let the water out. if you already havent that is.

morris needs alot of things - tis the bike that does it after blowing the exhaust guts out halfway to cambridge

concur on the drain hole

I was gonna put hole there. When it got suggested that said hole would make mean whistle, so I was like nah not happening. Pipes exiting muffler are on a slight downward angle, so has to fill up a fair bit lo sneak into muffler. would say it would get blown out before it gets that high in first place.

Nah, clutch in and it starts to squeak amazingly load. Never Heard what a worn thrust bearing sounds like before, so I asked dad what he thought. Stated thrust bearing, so asked my mate with mx5, said he's done it before and described same symptoms as what I have.