Dave's not so 4WD spec Miata from the future

karmagedon

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That fluid paint system sounds awesome. Was joking to a mate the other day about wood graining my hilux with that plastic car wrap, you can buy it in from china pretty cheap.

Also, regarding roof, it would be very hard to get the paint to match if you did it red, black would be a much safer bet, and look better imo. Wouldnt have to worry about matching paint, and it fading like a bitch in the future and so on.

was browsing through some minkara today (japanese type facebook thing apparently) and stumbled upon a mx with an internal brace. Then I remebered you could buy them, went to check how much they were, $120!!! so thought, flag that, I'll make my own.

So I did. made some measurements, took some pipe, drilled some holes

then painted it satin black

260485_10150329070170898_775775897_9806612_2586611_n.jpg

and whacked it in the car.

249544_10150329067190898_775775897_9806605_1963674_n.jpg

This brace is on all models 93 or newer, so it has to do something. Will judge for myself later tonight.

^ That.

Only time you would possibly notice that would be on a track comparing lap times to 100th's, and you would only be doing that if the rest of the car was up to the challenge.

Still, all these things add up so even though you won't 'notice' any difference if you do enough of these small things that you won't notice it will eventually make a small difference.

Get a roll bar? Otherwise you won't be able to touch a track in this badboy.

You're better off to make an underbrace for the front and/or rear suspension - linking the two bottom parts of the subframe together between left and right. What thickness is the steel you used to make that?

so it has to do something. Will judge for myself later tonight.

no offence, but if i catch you doorting in my neighbourhood i'll poke a commodore through the middle of this thing.

some fuckers never learn you'll slap it into a power pole and die..

rant over

so it has to do something. Will judge for myself later tonight.

no offence, but if i catch you doorting in my neighbourhood i'll poke a commodore through the middle of this thing.

some fuckers never learn you'll slap it into a power pole and die..

rant over

I only ment as in my drive to work.

And yes, did not notice anything. The cabin seemed like it has less vibration in it, but then again it could just be that the roads were smoother etc.

Get a roll bar? Otherwise you won't be able to touch a track in this badboy.

You're better off to make an underbrace for the front and/or rear suspension - linking the two bottom parts of the subframe together between left and right. What thickness is the steel you used to make that?

I believe it was 30 x 1mm pipe