karmagedon

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nah boe. middi lives there.

Story: the front lip connects with self tapping screws to the bumper

Fact: I ripped half of the screws out by parking too close to one of those plastic bumps in a parking lot

Solution: Remove self tappers and replace with bolts along with some "U" brackets between the pieces of plastic

Atleast that is what I am planning to do tomorrow. Along with thinking how amazing that silver roof looks.

Story: the front lip connects with self tapping screws to the bumper

Fact: I ripped half of the screws out by parking too close to one of those plastic bumps in a parking lot

Solution: Don't park too close to things that might rip the front lip off?

Can someone post a picture of this thing once on each new page?

I keep forgetting what it looks like exactly and having to trawl back through many pages to remind myself.

Poor bastard will be posting pictures up 3 times a day if he does that!

Lush, I got a Panasonic Avic double din head-unit from my friend for free. Plays DVD's (doesn't display them) and mp3's but, it has a inbuilt 30GB hdd, that automatically records any cd you insert.

So I installed that last night. WHAT A MISSION! the factory console pre '94 does not have a standard DIN size port, and none of those metal frames to attach the headunit. So I had to fab up a piece from some aluminium lying around. After a few trails and 5 hours later the thing was mounted. It's JDM only, so no english software, but sound quality is good and it's easy enough to understand.

Now what annoys me: while I was in there poking through the wiring, I decided to look at the alarm system from the previous owners. Found 2 Solenoids, unplugged power from one, started car, ran fine etc etc, no idea what it's for. unplugged the 2nd one, same deal. Only issue, when I started the car those 2 power wires touched and made some very pretty sparks. plugged them back together and the car started fine again. Hopefully I didn't fry anything.

After the install I was putting the center console in, when I found a switch, big and orange. No idea what it does, turn it on - nothing changes. Turn it off - still no difference. So cut the wires and removed the switch. Installed everything, went to start car, no fuel. That fucking useless switch somehow breaks the fuel pump solenoid. So wired it back in, car starts. Finally. Only now.... the alternator squeals horrendously under loud, and there is some whack noise coming from one of the valves.

So I'm unsure what my wiring escapades did to the engine/alternator. But at least now I can play mp3's and not just 12 tracks.