Manda's 1970 Ford Cortina GTE

Manda

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

ozzy is a great help when he decides to hang out in the shed!

cleaning your whole face and ears while you are lying under the car. always wanting a play fight when you sit on the floor at his level haha :lol: he is real funny, he will always climb under the car with you even just to watch what you are doing. i'm sure that dog could do an oil change now if he had thumbs :lol:

That car is looking fantastic! Can't wait to see it finished.

Good dads make these kind of projects much easier aye, i remember holding the doors up on my capri while dad lay contorted upside down over the drivers seat, bleeding knuckles, swearing heaps, trying to line up the doors absolutely perfect :D

Well the panel beater reckons he will need a good 2.5 days to get it perfect for painter. Gonna go in tomorrow and see if they can get the engine bay and dash painted first so that we can at least carry on putting it back together. But wont be painted by Christmas unfortunately. Better off to spend the time getting it perfect and be happy with the result rather than rush and regret rushing it.

Spent my afternoon masking and starting to paint my motor.

Plan for tomorrow is to carry on painting motor and sanding a couple wheels to repaint them at same time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys. Needs to be on the road ASAP now cause I start a short course at Uni on Tue and still dont have a place to live in Hamz so will most likely be doing a lot of travelling. Fun Fun!!

It will almost definately be at OS Nats in Taupo and most definately be at Beach Hop!!

if you get this car ready and bring it to the nats then you will defiantly receive an award for most amount of shit done in a short time frame!!

you've got a bit to get through but i do hope you make it. will be sweet when its finished.

keep on keeping on...............

sheepers.

Totally jazzed. We chose the best painter in Rotorua so one would hope the paint job would rock the sox off anyone who even glimped at it. Pretty sure the Rocker cover says 'Develo'.

I wasnt a fan of the wheel colour when I first got it but I think just cause it was different for me. I hadnt seen it done before. It grew on me fast as though so gonna be same colour again. I might chuck the old Rostyles on it one day....Or maybe not. Im a fan of the...are they called minilights?

Yowzer your time to shine will come

Minilites are by far the best wheel that you can put on ANY oldschool car, i would love a set for my abox, or my esky for that matter.

Haha be careful if you do the track day!!! :D i took my mk1 esky to one in chch, told myself "car has been nanna'd all its life, better take it easy" but once you are on the track and chasing someone down, its hard to lift off 8) lol