Manda's 1970 Ford Cortina GTE

Manda

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Silicone is definately just a temporary fix to stop leaks until i get new screen seals. it looks budget as is. Plan is to pull engine out and repaint engine bay up to the windscreen then put the new seals in at the same time.

Paint is pretty much like that the whole way round except for one of the back panels has some cracks in it. Its not too bad but has a bit of orange peel paint. Will repaint the whole car at some stage too.

I had my back guards rolled last week to stop my car scratching up my tires. The pannel beater had 2 guys jumping up and down in my boot and it didnt scratch for them. I thought it was all good until I had a full car load and it was so heavy you could only see a bit of tire above the back wheels. It rubbed against the guards even when I drove slow on a flat as road. Im running 205 by 13s on the back, are my tires too wide or did my pannel beater not do a good enough job? It's been lowered so do I maybe just need to stiffen my shocks or add another leaf?

Cortinas have mint gaurds, mine can be full load with no suspension left (i.e as low as the car can possiably go) and it doesnt scrape. All I have done is lipped the gaurds. I run 15x7.5 rims too which are pretty wide. Im running a 195/45/15 tyre tho which is pretty low profile.

You should maybe try with a smaller profile tyre. 205/50/13 if thats not that you alredy have. Or goto 195/55/13's or similar.

Gaz

Unlike some of you guys I dont have a job and I only have one car...lol so its gotta be back on the road asap. It will look the same in the pics but rust free and a nicer paint job. Oh does anyone know who sell the original blue plaint for cortinas? Its a metallic saphire blue.

Unlike some of you guys I only have one car...lol so its gotta be back on the road asap.

oh snap.

dont worry, it wont be long untill you "cant say no" to another cortina, then its only a short ride to 4 cars rusting on the lawn.

we've all been there, its just a matter of time.. :lol:

good work though, keep fixing and learning, soon you'll be able to tell Gaz how to re-build pintos (because they need re-building every 50 miles or so :mrgreen: ).

sheepers.