Manda's 1970 Ford Cortina GTE

Manda

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good stuff, good to see it has the GTE interior! I love my rear GTE seat with armrest :mrgreen:

I think I may have a door card thats better than yours also, its black tho.

Your not going to like the price of those door rubbers that are stuffed! I just brought one... $90 bucks posted I think it was!

Gaz

Good stuff, good to see it has the GTE interior! I love my rear GTE seat with armrest :mrgreen:

Your not going to like the price of those door rubbers that are stuffed! I just brought one... $90 bucks posted I think it was!

Gaz

Yea the interior i great. Just missing the GTE console.

Im deciding about getting white door panels if i do the 2 tone seats. Is there a place I can get them recovered? or buy the facbric and cover them myself?

What rubbers did you get for $90?? Just the one?

cracked dash isnt that expensive to fix if you don't mind getting your hands dirty

should have pictureized mine more :rolleyes:

fill the gaps with resin (or if you cheap like me, glue from a glue gun) then fibre glass the top, sand and cover. sorted :D

I was quoted 700 from someone un aucks. Did yours come up looking like new? I had a quick look at your pics. is the first pic of the dash b4 or after?

cracked dash isnt that expensive to fix if you don't mind getting your hands dirty

should have pictureized mine more :rolleyes:

fill the gaps with resin (or if you cheap like me, glue from a glue gun) then fibre glass the top, sand and cover. sorted :D

I was quoted 700 from someone un aucks. Did yours come up looking like new? I had a quick look at your pics. is the first pic of the dash b4 or after?

ahhh dashboard restorations. will basically make it like brand new with the correct grain of finish, because it is a GTE you may want to do that, if you can keep it as factory as possible it will retain its value, a really original GTE sold down here for $15k.

i had one the same as yours, blue with blue interior, needing restoration, sold it for $2500 in 2006

Gaz

Im deciding about getting white door panels if i do the 2 tone seats. Is there a place I can get them recovered? or buy the facbric and cover them myself?

windscreen rubbers are generaly between $150-$200ea, door rubbers are as Gaz said about $90ea. you cant get the factory seat pattern any more either, i have seen a couple of people put a fabric insert in the seats, they do look pretty good with it done. i may have a spare console, will have a look for you... also will more than likely have some spare window winder plastic backs...

cheers

Karl

Gaz

Everyone is missing the GTE console :cry:

I wouldn't go white but thats prob personal preferance, I just think it looks tacky and cheap. I also wouldn't go two tone seats for the reason that Karl said, you have a GTE which is worth money if kept standard/standardish! If your going to change that kind of shit id keep colours original and change other things that can be reversed, like stereo, lowering, wheels, engine etc etc.

Just the one rubber for around the door costs $90.. and its not even an original one, it needs to be glued on rather than a peice of rubber with the little prongs which clip in.

Gaz

windscreen rubbers are generaly between $150-$200ea, door rubbers are as Gaz said about $90ea. you cant get the factory seat pattern any more either, i have seen a couple of people put a fabric insert in the seats, they do look pretty good with it done. i may have a spare console, will have a look for you... also will more than likely have some spare window winder plastic backs...

cheers

Karl

How do you know no one has the factory seat pattern anymore?

I would be stoked if you found a console!! Plastics for window winder and also door handle

Do/did you have a cortina?

Looks good! I think it must have been you I flashed the other day as you were heading onto fairy springs rd

That was daylight hours a? I vaguely remember someone flashing lights at me but cant remember where. Opposite gondola?

cheers

Karl

How do you know no one has the factory seat pattern anymore?

I would be stoked if you found a console!! Plastics for window winder and also door handle

Do/did you have a cortina?

I have looked around for that pattern and the exact factory one definately isnt available. I ended up cutting up a good bench seat for the fabric, but they are pretty hard to find now too. I definately have a spare console but will need to keep the best one for my car... and have an icecream container full of those plastic disks...

I have 8 mk2 cortina's in various states, plus a lockup full of parts etc...

gt1.jpg

wagon2.jpg

You dont have your GTE anymore? Dad was talking to a guy at the All ford day and theres a guy in Pukekohe who has the fabric for the seats.

I hear Chch is the place to be if you got a cortina. All the parts are available down there. Y do you have so many Cortinas? Are you crazy? lol

If you want to get rid of your console could you please post me a pic on here or PM me and let me know what you want for it please?