Manda's 1970 Ford Cortina GTE

Manda

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TOP JOB! GOT TO BE ONE OF THE HIGHEST QUALITY BUILDS ON OS.

Oh stop it... ;) Thanks. Loved cruising round in it today. Waited so long for this! Went to drop off a parcel and the guy told me he could hear me coming from a mile away haha

Second time lucky ay! Still plenty of time before swapmeet

Did we decide it was the 11th July? Will definitely have to make this the new deadline!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys im real happy with how it's turned out.

Yea the red thing is a sway bar. So has 2.

WOOOW yet again!

make sure you get that thing a written eveluation for insurance by a recognised evaluator of OS cars ideally, looking mint!

Can you recommend anyone? We're going through this process at the moment

Pretty sure they have an evaluator there - I have had awesome prices from them for insurance for my non dailies, only stipulation is you can't do more than 5000Km a year..

I have checked the prices for a daily and its comparitively expensive to the main insurance companies and its still a 5000Km limit... (so I wouldn't insure my daily through them)

Best idea is to get prices and policies and weigh up the pros and cons between the two... Also ask around -see who has made claims with the companies and what dramas they had..

FYI - I never had to make a claim with mine but have had a couple of mates with expensive hot-rods that made claims through Joblins and they were very accomodating and allowed the owner to chose the repairer. They also allowed the owner to make cosmetic changes to the car when repairing as long as they paid for any extra over and above the price for the initial damage..

Use AMI Classic Cover. Tis very very cheap and has no limit on km's. You will have to make sure the person on the phone actually gets off their arse and asks a superviosr etc as they dont all know it exists.

Cost me less than $100 for full cover a year. Im over 25 tho.

Gaz

• 2 months later...