low n slows mk1 2door

d.p.n.s

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can get the old man to send down some 90-100mm chassis cutter thingies if you want? Depending on how thick the valence is will depend on how well they work... too thin and it warps the steel a bit.

Gaz

Neat thanks Jase! Was thinking of bolting timber to the back but the front is probably a good idea too.

Hopefully one of these will be at my doorstep when I get home :)

http://www.testntools.co.nz/hole-saw-tc ... 30080.html

Thanks for the offer 'NomD' much appreciated, will give hole saw a go as I think a punch will warp it as its very thin.

Thing that has brought this on is at Taupo the fan fuse kept popping and the car couldn’t cool itself without the twin fans running so if anyone has any other tips to improve non mechanical cooling open to suggestions as it’s probably not ideal relying on the fans. Hopefully this helps it. Will add another relay for each fan, same issue that occurred with the pumps I believe.

What went wrong exactly? I can see dremal making holes messy pretty easy.

Last week I did one 85mm hole in front of Chevette with hole saw and wood technique and it worked sweet as once the saw bit. Maybe you need to mount wood on each side and then screw them together to clamp the valence?

Gaz

It deff works mint if u go through wood first and the wood is clamped properly. Use a bit of cutting lube and spin it slow. Like 150 rpm. Once it brakes through a bit can go a bit faster so it don't jam.

What brand hole saw u get?

exactly how i did mine, worked a treat.