low n slows mk1 2door

d.p.n.s

lol oh boy...i was intending on chopping out rear guards for them hence why i havent been fussy bout tidying up the rust round the current ones..i figure its all being chopped out soon anyway!

but oh man i hadn't considered going THAT far - lol some more detailed planning might be in order...

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LOW'N'SLOW

Oh cheers for the offer man!, will strip it down and see what carnage we have :)

Will dig up Freds thread to see how he winged his sump so he could still get the bolts in to fit the sump.

Guest Valiant

Stink. I was hoping to see this going.

I couldn't say what has marked the head like that, there is a good chance that it was just one item though.

I have come across objects that bounce from cylinder to cylinder with out being spat out.

Hopefuly it won't cost to much to rebuild.

Guest LOW'N'SLOW

Good idea. can implement few bits in stages and build up parts.

Car is getting parked up for 6 months either way, OS nats was always intended as a last shakedown before OE.

just wanted to make decision while everything is fresh in my head

Guest LOW'N'SLOW

Going to travel with uncle in laws race team. Looking forward to Silverstone and castle combe. Might go to silverstone classic. unsure if Ford fair would be bit to much for for one man. / don't want to make it a car only trip. I'm sure they have lovely buildings and plants too.

Anyone recommend anything as must do's in Europe?

His toys

16484479605718709n.jpg

Bike team he used to have Jentin racing

16484477455714020n.jpg

His Lola

lolay.jpg

29579410151336155405572.jpg

His Ralt

30371710150776202920691.jpg

• Like 1

Guest LOW'N'SLOW

those marks are from detonation/pinking.

Ah really, because it did sweet sweet dackfires/detonation when cold, due to G V5 link i presume?

probably more so some bits of the tune are not ideal? ie octane too low, lean spots, too much ignition timing advancement, intake charge too hot, coolant/oil temps too high, spark plug range too hot, could even be running super rich and excess carbon build up is causing the hot spots too.

+1 for it being the tune. need to run a conservative tune for circuit stuff. especially on older ecu's or no compensation. det is load sensitive, so may not be there on dyno. but in higher gears out on the track, you'l be loading it up more and can run into det. plus all those other things fuel said, wont help the cause

• Like 1

Guest Unclejake

those marks are from detonation/pinking.

This.

Your head is being eaten. What do the piston crowns look like?

Perhaps you need to think about adding some high RPM retard and richening up the mixture a bit to reduce combustion chamber temps at high RPM/load (not that I know anything about turbos)

Also: you are probably not far off needing to dry sump this thing IMHO.

Guest eke_zetec_RWD

Yea. There's nothing wrong with a v5. It's basic as but needs tuning accordingly. If money allows a g4 allows heaps of safety features to prevent this happening (ign retard, boost reduce, fuel increase by gear/air temp/water temp/speed etc)

Put a pic up of all the pistons and spark plugs with part number

Guest LOW'N'SLOW

Will get closeup snaps tonight.

Cant remember Marku, its got 4 of them :) low Impendence is about all I can remember.

Ye god dry sump! Really?

I guess G4 is probably a good idea now as needs a tune so may as well get it done on new comp.

Guest LOW'N'SLOW

This.

Your head is being eaten. What do the piston crowns look like?

Perhaps you need to think about adding some high RPM retard and richening up the mixture a bit to reduce combustion chamber temps at high RPM/load (not that I know anything about turbos)

Also: you are probably not far off needing to dry sump this thing IMHO.

Aaron tuned it on 95 and said running on 98 should make it safe . . . Def always has fresh fuel too, Hmmm . . . MD60 / G4 or new tune?

That would have assisted running the bearings to i presume

Guest LOW'N'SLOW

Would detonating discharge small bits of metal to stick into head? Will get more snaps tonight :)

How come no show to nats jase? Hows that pinto going?