low n slows mk1 2door

d.p.n.s

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 day turn around may be pushing it but Ill hit him up Tuesday and see. Does it need shortening more or lengthening? What about Manu, can he do this kinda shit then you just need to get it balanced?

Gaz

If its just the nose then you may find that you can just swap that part so the spline matches up to tailshaft.

That way all you need is the correct splined nose to go on the uni and hopefully will be able to find something at pickapart that has the correct width to match the uni. Maybe an option?

Gaz

• 5 months later...

I have a set of hole punches but no flaring tool. Have not used them yet but for some reason I think they may naturally give a small swage to the hole..

I'm off tomrrow really early but if you grab some keys from JB they are in the bottom right drawer of my toolbox inside a cardboard box..

(I think that where they are)

Ok cheers guys

Wanting to do 5 holes on front like this around 90mm in diameter;

captureksp.jpg

Would a hole saw make a mess of this job?, will do some test runs tonight never used a hole saw over 50mm on steel.

arbor drill . . . is the a drill press?

Otherwise was thinking of getting this kit, thoughts? Just think it’s got some bit missing though, be good for race lightening :) anyone used one before?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =517961486

Ideally would like to swage the holes, might try panel beat them in myself with timber shapped dolly?

I can see me making a real mess of this and just cutting the front of.