d.p.n.s

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
does good rally driving on the dirt haha

got oil left mr lowslow? you were having fun passing skyline i see! (shit white one one minus the bumper)

said hi to all other OS'ers there but you were lined up when I wandered past :D

Will reply to this here so im not spamming Marku's thread.

Yeah got a few smoke issues to look at, thought it was just from the car sitting in the garage for so long at first as went away the first time out, but came back with revengance the next time out. Apparintly it was making a real turbo spirall out the ass? Turbo life yo.

Felt good passing the Skyline, with all its turbo screamer and blow off sounds i was expecting it to be a rocket ship, not sure if he was trying to go fast or drift but didnt feel safe going down the side of him wondering if he was going to kick his ass out or not, i dont think he even realised I was behind him. Sounded the buisness and though I was never going to get through the traffic and pass him but was quite chuffed too, Passing a modern car in an oldschool shell rules!

Oh hey mate! I presume 'SlyOne' your the fellow who came over and had a chat when lined up? Was a brilliant day. How did you get on?

Yes that was me m8, would've liked to have chatted longer but got the call up lol. We had our best day so far, managing to finish five runs without breaking the car, although my son managed to loop it at dunlop :lol: . I only did one solo run as we were trying to get family in the car for rides but manged a 1.23. Another solo run i'm sure i could've done a low 22. It's a standard 13B and drumbrake rear so reas happy with that. Big things to come.

Maybe catch you up here for one of those praccy days, both need more time on track to sort car and driver lol. Have a better look over yr beast next time :)

Cheers

Sly

• 1 month later...

Cheers Nick its not that fancy IRL.

Front shock question, going to make some new front struts 50-80 odd mm lower to achieve more travel at lowness. Anyone recomend some good aftermarket adjustable shocks that fit into mk2 struts nicely, will measure tonight but think body needs to be around 290mm long.

Will also be machining shock top to accept caster top plate to fix my wonky old shell. do some strenthening around hub seeing as i have such big spacers they probably wont last for ever standard, new coils drill some holes etc etc. Easy job just need to do some shock research/OS help :)

Cheers in advance OVER

if i could find something decent around 400 that would be awesome but possibly dreaming? Defiantly want adjustable. What are a pair of Koni's worth? Might have to keep my eyes peeled for something 2nd hand like this that could suit;

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... ermanent=0

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-par ... 045450.htm

The GAZ shocks fitted all round now were 800 odd each end but mortgage life makes it bit harder to justify spending that sort of coin these days, then again should do it once do it right.

Hey bro will probably keep them for a while as a spare full strut set for the likes of seaview curb smashing events. Defiantly recomend 'GAZ' shocks.

Spent the night discussing with Aidan front end settup and we going to do something a bit more radical like below VVvvVVvvVV with a few more adjustable points. possably add an in car adjustable blade for swaybar also. Will build the new pair of struts first then move onto this so that I can get a feel of changes in handling and molla.

deletefm.jpg

http://www.burtonpower.com/mp193.html

http://www.burtonpower.com/parts-by-fit ... mp172.html

May as well go compression struts (take the castor arms backwards) to avoid that yucky bend in the radius rod. Also means you'll have a lot of extra space for the swaybar (and more space is better for doing blade setup because they normally end up dead straight).

I want to do blade bars at some point too. See if you can get a good price for blades and I'll get in on them. You only need two to do the whole car - one blade front, one rear.