low n slows mk1 2door

d.p.n.s

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His mums nasty 5 speed, it was pretty flogged out but now its smashed to bits.

Wasn't that bad, sounds like it will shift better than the new one :| , just always knew it was a bit of a weak point and when the car was running on tune (i.e. not 50/50 oil mix from turbo seal) it just stripped it in 1 1/2 warm up lap

Car felt significanlt quicker so taking good with the bad.

Yeah true like yourself or Aiden said FWD cars dont have them, so i gues they are just there for the vibrations of the driveshaft? but then when the clutch is out it wouldnt do anything anyway? man im confused now!

Got cluch back from having centre changed today so thats a good start.

Then its; New Driveshaft, exhast system re done around new bell, bearing, new crossmember made, box tunnel modified, fluids, clutch release sleave, and put engine + box bay back together.

Yay

I ain't a gearbox expert sorry but yeah FWD don't have them - if its going to be the only thing stopping you from going to Nats then just slam it in without a spigot bush/bearing.

If you have time then get a longer bronze bush made up to support the spigot.

gbox xmember looks mint, is the gbox to gbox mount standard?

For driveshaft you prob want to find someone who can make + balance in the same shop.. Howat Engineering where I got the one your currently using done had to send it away to get it balenced and thats what took a bit of extra time.

I am using Aztec Engineering a bit for work, I can see if they do this kind of stuff if you like?

Gaz