Mr.Mk1's 1968 Mazda Bongo F1000 Van

shizzl

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how long do you think the project will take you?

i wanna do it on the go slow so i have something to do for a while i'd say years.

But then again it may be done for the si nats next march :badgrin::badgrin:

going to panel beaters next week after sand blast guess it'll be ther for a good couple of months then off to a mate who does bag set ups from home cos i've decided to bag it out 8)

its not going to take you long at all mate lol

whos doing your panel and painting ... bairds?

if so ill have alook next time im there.

its going to be a mean little van mate

keep the up dates coming

dan

Oh I think i'll take me a little longer than everyone thinks & want the build up to last a while :)

Yep Bairdys the man been mates with him for years so he better hook me up with a mac deal ..

He came to work & checked out the van yesterday & was going to come back & get today fuck me I hadn't even finished stripping it out :shock:

its not going to take you long at all mate lol

whos doing your panel and painting ... bairds?

if so ill have alook next time im there.

its going to be a mean little van mate

keep the up dates coming

dan

Oh I think i'll take me a little longer than everyone thinks & want the build up to last a while :)

Yep Bairdys the man been mates with him for years so he better hook me up with a mac deal ..

He came to work & checked out the van yesterday & was going to come back & get today fuck me I hadn't even finished stripping it out :shock:

lol

yeh they do all my rental cars there.

shit hot guys and hes got some fukin nice cars man

Been trying to find out a bit about the factory gearbox to see if it will hold up to the rota & worked out some cool shit..

The spiket is the same size & spline as a rx2,3,4's so clutch will be sweet :shock:

The rear axles {don't forget its transaxle} will be mint as the universals at each end of them are the same as a RX2,3 drive shaft & the splines are also the same size ect as a early rx's.. :shock:

Also found out the spider gear in the diff are the same as RX2,3's along with a lot of the components in the gear box.

So basicly it should be as strong as a rx2,3,4 & even early 7

An besides its a mint 4spd :badgrin::badgrin:

Yeah stink you cant suicide those doors.

Maybe you could lambo them instead. *runs for life*

You expecting to have much floor left after the sand blasting?

May still be able to suicide the door yet eh gunna look into what needs to be done to keep it legal :wink:

as for the floor um yeah no wont be much floor left me thinks

imgp1777hv6.jpg

imgp1776te4.jpg

Sick/looks broken! :lol: Hahaha! What about sliding doors into the back? Nothing like a good horizontal guilatine. But you could push button stopers on it to stop it from doing so on the inside, have it slide on a baracket into the back. I've thought it out in my head, pitty it's probebly a no go. Would be sick. Such the best van ever. The only Rota Bongo I think I'll ever like! :D

O yeah, also needs a big lazer cut chromed old school rota logo the size of the VW Kombi badge!

fuck be patient man, Prob took it to the panel shop in the weekend and fitted a pp turbo and airbag setup while they were panelling and painting it and then went to win every catergory at a car show on sun. and now he has to charge the camera batteries cos he ran it flat taking heaps of photos.

Scooby Doo Mystery Machine paint steeze . FTMFW...

Jingies!!

Imagine all the Bettys and Wilmas you could pick up

Bongo = braap braap

Filthy One = so I got this mystery I need you to "solve"

Betty and Wilma = is it a BIG mystery?

Filthy One's = Rophynol Bishes...

Betty and Wilma = swoon

Bongo = braap braaap braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap twin skid snakes from scene of crime..