Truenotch's BEAMS AE86 racecar discussion

Truenotch

You only want cams from that ausie guy, I can dig up all my emails from him with his pricing. Same grind as his, they keep VVTi and are epic. Hes done lots of R&D to get where he is. They are around $1600

Do you mean RA45's

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forum ... hp?t=15110

Have you seen this Marku

http://www.mr2.com/forums/beams-owners- ... ory-2.html

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah have seen all of that man, but am trying to work through things my own way to see what happens.

Cheers for the encouragement UJ! My quickest time is still a 1:20.8 but in the later rounds of the winter series I was doing 1:21's on semi slicks... I think that's 1/2 decent for 150hp and 900kg. Never quick enough though!

Cheers for the encouragement UJ! My quickest time is still a 1:20.8 ... I think that's 1/2 decent for 150hp and 900kg. Never quick enough though!
Bloody hell :shock:

There must be three awesome things to get that time with those numbers

1) The thing stops well

2) The thing handles amazingly

and (obviously)

3) You can drive!

Sensational.

If I ever finished the Cortina it would be about the same horsepower, be around 750kgs and I doubt I could do better than a 1.23. Kudos to you dude.

Holesaws.

BTW: I think Snow has sold the business but still works there

Yeah the CSL ones can keep VVTi, but they quoted $1800 for a set. Not sure if that's incl GST or not. Valve spring kit $688, Cam pulleys $540each..... Pricey. That's for 295in/285ex duration and 13.3/13mm lift.

?

When you start adding up numbers like that before you even take the head off you really start to see the attraction of a complete Honda S2000 motor and box for $15k.

I would never buikd a race engine again if I could help it

^^ Yeah those numbers are too large.... And it looks like it's possible to get 200hp atw out of the new engine without doing any of that work. So that will have to do :P .

haha, I think it's my "modern day" 4 link suspension setup that gives it the edge over "antique racing"... As well as weight distribution and nice wide tyres. It does stop well too, with 300mm discs and big Wilwood superlight calipers.

Would have loved to have a go against you in the cortina if it had been finished :D .

Would have loved to have a go against you in the cortina if it had been finished :D .
Stranger things have happened mate.

We must roll twin pot front calipers, drum rears, 205 tyres and open diffs, not to mention 46 year old engines.

I think the open diff is the real handicap.

If I get the Cortina ruinning again you can do the test driving to get the suspension set up correctly. Someone that knows what they are doing would be a bonus.

hey man, did you find any alloy bends for the manifold??

and yea i heard snow sold also, and also he still works there.

Yeah man I've found some, they are 3mm wall 180's with a good radius and somewhere between 44mm and 45mm ID, it'll be hard to find better than that. I'll go buy them next week.

• 2 weeks later...
^^ Yeah those numbers are too large.... And it looks like it's possible to get 200hp atw out of the new engine without doing any of that work. So that will have to do :P .

haha, I think it's my "modern day" 4 link suspension setup that gives it the edge over "antique racing"... As well as weight distribution and nice wide tyres. It does stop well too, with 300mm discs and big Wilwood superlight calipers.

Hey dude, was talking to Simon bout your car yesterday, and he offered to send you a copy of his tune if you did end up getting a G4. Would give you a pretty good base to start from at least?