Flawles' Widebody kp toyota starlet race car

Snoozin

Build Thread //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/23565-widebody-kp-starlet-race-car/?p=598856

Mean... a bit of work around the back edge of those rear arches and I'l almost prefer that to a TRD N2 kit I reckon...

What are the plans? 4AGE or something a bit more sinister?

+1 for a Beams 3S, or even a heavily worked K series before a 4AGE.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when i first looked at it it was set up for a 20v

but now has a dirty 2t in it

as for plans just get it to work so i can sort out a few things, would love to go beams but im trying to keep costs down to a mininum so prop go back to a 20v with either a link running the show still in two minds, but want to doduble check as to what classes i can run in with either a 2L or 1.6L

have to get pissed with mike-e and run thro some options again

its had half of the tunnel cut out as i beleave the last owner was planing something big, so it works to my advantage in a lot of ways with motor set ups

and the wide body also gives me a wide range of wheel options too

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

im trying to keep the whole bulid under 5g

so i just want to run kyb all round and see how that works, then i will properly do what snoozin has done and make some coil overs in the front.....................or just beef up the front sway bar and mess around with spring rates really unsure at this stage

just really doing things bit by bit at the mo i have till next yr to get it ready.........basicly nearly there lol :rolleyes: kinda :badgrin:

i say go with a mean suspension setup first time. done mine about 3 times before i was semi happy with it.

have a rusting kp here if you need bits off it.(doesn't have much worth taking though) can send you the rubber brake lines. but dunno about the metal line if you need that. plus i dont wanna crawl in the mud

Have brake and fuel lines, but probably not up your way for a few months and hard stuff to safely ship. If you haven't got anything by the next time I'm in Hamilton will bring them up.

Callum

can ya get em to lee? he can bring em to swapmeet and im sure someone will take em back to hams for him..

i say go with a mean suspension setup first time. done mine about 3 times before i was semi happy with it.

You think it's necessary to turret the rear end though? I'm not too keen on chopping mine up, prefer to keep the original interior etc intact.