fuel

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

can get them exuk or america for cheap enough, i got a whole bunch of the brass duckbill lugs and knurled nuts for cheaper than one off trademe.  Have tried to source cloth covered wires for everywhere possible, as anything else just looks silly.

will connect exhaust and post a sound check.  cbf rolling around on the ground today, so might set up the sound system :geek:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Brakes are putting the shits up me.

Pedal feels great

handbrake works fine

all cylinders are moving nicely

all shoes are adjusted correctly

doesnt stop

:compress:  :compress:  :compress:  :compress:  :compress:

Back to the start again, shoes are all new, master and slave cylinders are all resleeved and rekitted, lines are all new (none of the rubber ones were in stock, i bet its them :badgrin: )

I did not, but they are looking pretty good (as did the ones i took out) (spun the wheels and applied the brakes/adjusted the shoes right out. then checked for high/low marks)

Some damp spots on the rear flexi line - which isnt in production at the moment.  So i will swap out the series mm hardware for later spec so i can use a common rear hose.

going to replace the fronts too, they look newer, but are probably about 20 years old.

What i figure is happening is

pistons move fine when i check (and have the drum off), but when all the drums are on the pressure is expanding the rubber lines

• 1 month later...

For the record, I couldn't get my Morris Minors to stop. Apparently they didn't stop from factory. I rebuild the front and rear drums on mine, new shoes, machined drums to match and resleaved wheel cylinders in stainless steel. I also resleaved the master cylinder in stainless steel, bleed the system, fresh fluids the lot so that it was better than factory. It still doesn't stop very well. But all the old blokes in the Morris Minor club say I have excellent brakes!