johnnyfive

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, was thinking the same thing, doh.

I managed to get stuck in 2nd gear once in my 67, had the car fully loaded, 2 mates and plus camping gear, going kenblock in a grassy field for ages. It cooled done and drove sweet for years after that.

I would have thought heat to be more of a problem for the engine than the gearbag?

what size is this beast?

You've got to bring this thing out west man, would love to have a perv.

it's a 2387cc

yeah I'm a bit paranoid about the potential engine temps,  but the oil cooler(s) should be helping a lot with this and the tinware is sealed pretty well. The next phase of the project is to fit a bunch of sensors to the engine so that I can keep an eye on things besides remaining fuel...  and your call on brakes is accurate... will need to source some discs asap

would be keen to have a look at your project, and also p-stars buggy at some point so a trip out west is on the cards... but also I'm hoping to take it to caffeine and classics in the weekend...

yeah I will once I get some disks on the front... and maybe a new gear box...

originally I had ideas of swapping over my old engine for WOF's but its just too much work... the old engine comes in and out as a unit but the new one needs everything taken off it (carbs, exhaust, oil system etc)  for installation and removal....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

the bushes themselves are easy to fit, but there will need to be a little supporting work to make sure a few other mating surfaces are parallel... should wind up with 2 degrees of negative camber, which I expect will make a world of difference compared to the current 1 degree positive... 

we'll find out for sure at the OS track day (touch wood)...

Fvee265.jpg

(random pic of naked formula vee)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

oh you can always go lower, just dig a hole!

nah not lower, narrower. don't those disc set-ups push the track out wider?

also my neighbour said he was chatting to you the cars and coffee thing the other day, he said you bug looked awesome.

his old man had a oval way back.