10speeds awesome dub of awesomeness

johnnyfive

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To date I havn't changed the appearance at all, just did work to get the lowering up to spec (certed etc). The rims are the stock steelies widened.

Getting painted the exact same colour (with the exception of the wheel centres which will be red), and then the next job will be working on the interior, but again I dont want to change it - just fix it...

volkswagen-beetle-1967.jpg

its so sweet. the uncluttered look of it is perfect. wheels look great too. shit the dude that built that is the man.

if anything I would just add pinstripes along the side with some bangin pattern on the doors and rear section but anything else would spoil it

would like to know more about it, how it's been lowered and what size wheels etc.

A Beetle was the first car I ever lowered. The front transaxle gets cut in the centre where the torsion bar mounts and then you rotate it to where you want and weld it up again.

The rear have adjustable torsion bars - but the downside of lowering the rear is too much negative camber. The only way to sort that would be to raise the engine and gearbox which I planned but never did.

Mine rolled on 15 inch steels out back and 14 inch steels up front - with the same hubcaps as 10Speed is running. his car really brings back memories for me - but I didn't want to post that the first time as it makes me sound spack. It's name was Turkeylips, but I have only ever named one other car since (Rhinochaser) which was a Trekka.

Yes - I know I have bad taste. EDIT: and am old. No certs back then FTW.

Hey UncleJake

Just a quick question (and probably very dumb) but why hasn't anyone built a VW for pre 65 - theres an absolute bucketload of aftermarket parts to make them go and handle after all.

Personal choice would not to use a bug, but a variant fastback or such (assuming better aero)