AE8SIX's 1986 Toyota Levin GT APEX

0R10N

Build Thread //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/22401-ae8sixs-1986-toyota-levin-gt-apex/?p=573201

that's one of the straightest kouki AE86s I've seen in NZ, kudos 8)

Are you planning to respray it in the factory colour scheme or something else entirely?

either way it's good to know you aren't munting the car out - looks like it'll be worth every penny you spend on it.

Yea shes super straight couldn't believe my luck when I found her almost completely rust free except for two patches on each rear :D

As for colour it wont be standard at this stage am thinking of a dark metallic green which looks black until light hits it have seen it on a 86 in Japan.

Thanks guys!!! :D

Wheel offset is -7 front and -5 rear from memory

I didn't remove the TVIS engine was brought with that done. I plan on using Quads anyway just have to wait till uni is finshed to earn some dollars for comp/tune

Yea cop'd a bit of shit there but I made it very clear what the real story was.

Haha have been ridiculed for this on garage dori too.

Them: 'Why don't you get some 14x6 ssr reverse mesh blah blah blah'

Me: Because they're thin and gay.

The main reason I went for the steal was that I wanted wide and small wheels and I was on a budget the wheels weigh approx 9kg each which is heavy but I also weighed a set of 15x7 SSR rims to compare and they were 7.5kg so not a huge weight differential.

Sweet car dude, dont want to sound like a cunt but doesn't using those heavy as fuck steels go against the principal of building a light n/a ae86?

I thought the same, but it's gonna look mega sweet on them anyway, best be seeing some mean stretch on them though!

You've got some cool stuff lined up for it too... are those rear springs chopped? The spring rate for em won't be 6kg/mm anymore if they were a 6kg rate prior to being cut.

I vote a respray in the factory colours, red panda 2 tone looks so hot I reckon, my fav 86 colour scheme by far.... especially sittin on those rims. Would look ace.

Yea springs have had a coil cut shouldnt effect spring rate too much as it was only one coil. Paints not as good as it looks in the pics not shyt but not great either and Im a bit of a perfectionist so will get re done. Just want a different colour there are plenty of red and black ones out there and I agree its my fav of the standard schemes to. But want something a little cooler 8) /unique

The main reason I went for the steal was that I wanted wide and small wheels and I was on a budget the wheels weigh approx 9kg each which is heavy but I also weighed a set of 15x7 SSR rims to compare and they were 7.5kg so not a huge weight differential.

I agree with you its cheap width and they look banging im not out to bag you. Just got a thing with heavy wheels on light na cars

Spencer --- Ya man I know ya not bag'n me. Once I get a job I'll be saving for the rims which I've wanted from the start for this build

Danger --- Nah this isn't a Dunedin car. I had my S14 down here but thats since been sold to fund this puppy!!

Lowlancer --- Ya to be honest I don't think they look amazing right now ether but I sure once I get the lip chromed and some 185s stretched over the fronts and 195s over the rears things will look much better :o

Keep it simple and clean. It's so tidy! Wheels could look great but could look just not right, will have to see them on car with tyres. I think they'll do the trick though.

Either wayez should be an interesting build. OMG Dunedin, etc, too.

Noice dude, good to see youve seen the light and joined oldschool.

Wasnt really giving you shit about you copying niges wheels,

Im also not a huge fan of steels "trying" to look like Japanese alloys but youll def get the look anyway! just watch out for the rust!

Cool engine, whered you get it?