unclejake mk1

davidian

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:P Thanks Dudes.

She is a Pre65 car so we have to use the 1500 pre-crossflow as the 1600 motors didn't show up until after 1965.

The photos of the Cortina a a bit old as a fair bit of energy has gone into getting the Anglia ready for a good friend over the last seven months.

I am 're-visiting' the Cortina engine this month and more changes are in the wind. I have to spend quite a lot of coin to get a tiny bit faster but it appears I enjoy building them more than I enjoy driving them

I am a retard but at least it leaves me less money to spend on P.

Got any times in it yet?

Only slow ones. :cry: Circa 1.25 Manfield, 1.16 Puke and I guess around the 1.55-1.57 at the Taupo A1 track but I have not tried her out there yet.

I hope to do about two seconds better at all tracks in early 2008.

This is such a neat forum - thanks so much

Chur Boes (sniggers)

Hopefully I will remember all the questions:

The engine and box are painted in Hammerite using a brush and then as the paint tacks off I 'stab' it with the bristles. Hammerite handles the heat everywhere except immediately above the exhaust ports.

The suspension is essentially standard (Pre65 rules) but has been thoroughly reconditioned and has heavier front springs and shocks (all adustable) and lighter rear springs and shocks with a Watts linkage.

The engine has most everything sone to it that is Pre65 legal (except a down port head). It would take an hour to write it all down so if there is anything specific you want to know sing out and I would be happy to pass on any knowledge.

I have not raced the car for a couple of years - other priorities have got in the way.

The Mercedes is a W111 Fintail (which has been one of the above priorities) and I will get some photos up of that later this week - I restored it myself but had a race engine builder do the motor.

Thanks again for the kind words - I should be out again mid 2008.