unclejake mk1

davidian

Is carbon fibre bonnet and boot not lighter?

5.1 Lightening of the bodyshell will be confined to the bonnet, boot, doors and associated hinges, brackets and supports, excepting all outer door handles. Alternative materials being alloy or fibreglass may be used. The external appearance is to remain the same as original. Unused brackets and mounts may be removed.

There is talk that carbon fibre is classed as a "fibreglass" but too be honest the budget did the loudest talking when it cam to the decision.

I have to wonder why the exhaust 'tunnel' is so large though? (smaller = less weight) Surely the muffler & pipe isnt that large in Diameter?

The new tunnel is about a third the size of the old one and allows for the muffler to be placed in the tunnel with a bit of clearance each side. The tunnel is rolled 0.6mm Zintex so in reality is probably about the same weight as the bit of floor I removed. Sadly some things need to be practical and not just ridiculously light :)

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw your project and its fucking awesome.

Do you know a Jim Authers? He races a Similar car.

Lives next door to me.

Lol... I know him well. A top bloke - you should get his advice on a mechanic/engine builder.... but he will probably just tell you to see Jeff Warn or Albie Collier.

And thegreatestben... you can get fucked. :lol:

Just saw your project and its fucking awesome.

Do you know a Jim Authers? He races a Similar car.

Lives next door to me.

Lol... I know him well. A top bloke - you should get his advice on a mechanic/engine builder.... but he will probably just tell you to see Jeff Warn or Albie Collier.

And thegreatestben... you can get fucked. :lol:

Ahhhh, i thought you would know him.

Hes got a great wee car i love his falcon aswell so fucking loud that things scoots up our road fairly quickly.

Does he usually get his work done at etchells?

They right next door to me ahaha.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...