unclejake mk1

davidian

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could well be keen for the complete motor if you can handle freight from your end. PM me with details etc.

I would want to be certain of a few things that would mean you needed to take the head off first - which could be too much hassel for you

• 1 month later...

Just do it yourself. Is as easy as cutting the bottom cup off and welding a tube on it. Buy tube/coilover setup from trademe. Might also need to machine your shocks down and perhaps a keyway on them but nothing major.

Also UJ. Got some spare small springs? Mine are too big and I dont want to cut them. Need to know about what size I need.

Hey Uncle J

did you make the adjustables up for the front of your tina yourself or get them made elsewhere? I want to get some made up for my wagon but no one here in crapchurch will look at them being from such an old tub !!

The adjustable platforms are off the shelf items. The McPherson sturts need to be modified to accept them and they need to be welded on with an old fucked shock inside them to prevent distortion.

Gaz - sorry, no spare springs but you can buy them from Total Performance for not very much money/ you can borrow my ones anytime for a test fit

• 1 month later...

yeah it doesnt hurt to say that this is very cool

UJ - the engine bay corner braces, is there anything on the other side of the firewall where they are welded on? some kind of plating or bracing perhaps? I'm tossing up between getting bars added to the rollcage in the 131 to tie in the front struts or to just do something like you have there. Do you know if theres any issues as far as MSNZ shit is concernded as far as putting chassis stiffening members like that?

by drill holes everywhere in nearly every thing wouldnt that take a heap of strength out of alot of stuff. like the strut brace. wouldnt that flex heaps.

You raise an excellent point and may have highlighted an area where I have fucked up.

With direct regard to the front strut brace the question is: Does the strut brace work in compression or traction? If it is traction (pulling like on a rope) then I am sweet. If it is compression (pushing one strut against the other) then I have fucked up.

I can't decide what the proper way to stress the strut brace is and as yet I have not looked it up on the mighty interweb. I will get to that... :?