lowfreq you cunt

lowlancer

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey LOFREQ,

Firstly well done with the car and interview, went to the site and read the full lengthone aswell, (much longer than the one in the mag)

Few q's,

-was wondering if you got the leaking oil situations from the Diff and rocker covers sorted?

-Do you still have the stock grill, steering wheel and gearknob?

-are you still looking to sell her?

i finally bit the bullet and shes now down in New Plymouth with new owner

leaking oil from diff fixed with replacement seals

rocker covers also got new seals - unless youre meaning the spitting of oil from the breather from blowby, thats something else.

stock grille might still be on the wall of my old shed in st heliers, can go have a look maybe, i believe i left all my old parts screwed to the wall when i moved out heh. steering wheel and gearknob probably there also, if not at the Slipway garage with Mr Dori etc

and yes as pointed out, its sold, and somewhere in NP now presumably

no verossa for me, thats a bit hideous! haha. my heart is set on a jzx100 chaser, just as a tough daily streeter, that has aircon that works... this sort of stz:

jzx100driftworks.jpg

need a newschool car for reliability and usability sakefor now, until more settled, then i can get another oldschool project on the side. later :)

probly import a top spec gx71 from japan as a classic and go to work on that. afterall, i never got to sharknose my 71....... ;D

sharknose

8)8)

Love this car, is a pitty i turned up here so late. Would have loved to watch it progress.

Every time i look at the x73 in my drive i think of this and have to resist haha.

Hope new owner is as proud as you would have been.

• 1 year later...

Sadly cars getting crashed/wrecked and forgetten about is an all too common occurance with the inbread fucks that inhabit New Plymouth.

My guess is that its likely rotting away on someones lawn, or if it is resurected itll no doubt be reborn as a matte black peice of shit.

Hopefully im wrong, but i asked a mate down there and he said it hasnt been round for along time

hrm yeah i heard that the guy worked at pak n save down there and drove it to work/parked outside every day...

and then someone else saw it come into a parts place all smashed up, obviously still driving under its own power...

but yeah perhaps if the owner doesnt care then it may be left to rot/become irrepairable, which is a disappointment cus it was in such nice condition inside, and only small bits of rust outside that was only just starting to come thru again.

i spent ages on that custom headlight / front setup so to hear it smashed up was sad :/

• 8 months later...
Giz any left over parts you have?

Unlikely i know. But thought i had better ask.

Also i want to pick your brain with wiring the 1ggte into the MKII if you did it.

sure - it wasnt too hard - from memory the wires for the dash loom were not the same colour but we were able to match up most wires from wiring diagrams for the body loom of the 71 and the engine (mine was a 3rd gen 1ggte from daves (looonie) soarer. everything worked incl engine check light, oil pressure, temp, etc etc. only the RPM was wrong because we only got pulse from one bank of the dizzy, so everything read at half-rpm.

Ive just been told first hand that your car is still all in one piece but looking a bit ruff and minus the few pieces that have poped up for sale

no shit. reliable source? i wonder if its salvageable. id totally buy it back if the interior was in good nick, and chassis/rear quarters not bent...