For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No one cares. LVVTA will have photos though, so don't stack it into something as you'll be paying off their repairs forever.

The reason you can't make changes is because people in general are stupid and don't know what is and isn't safe. So everyone has to suffer. If you want to swap wheels like you do underwear, stick within the rules to not need a cert. If you want the freedom to run the likes of coilovers and aftermarket brakes, then you play by a different rule book. Doesn't matter what you do, people will get upset at something.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bling said:

LVVTA will have photos though, so don't stack it into something as you'll be paying off their repairs forever

It won't make any difference. Where do people get the idea from that if you don't have a wof insurance is void

I never said that? 

You specifically said you are going to drive the vehicle with parts that it is not certified to have installed. So my point was (didn't think i'd need to explain it I guess), if you stack it, they can look at the photos and if they determine the changes you made contributed to the accident, you're up shit creek. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bling said:

I never said that? 

You specifically said you are going to drive the vehicle with parts that it is not certified to have installed. So my point was (didn't think i'd need to explain it I guess), if you stack it, they can look at the photos and if they determine the changes you made contributed to the accident, you're up shit creek. 

Lol good luck to them proving that changing brand coulivers and fitting oem size wheels contributed to a crash

19 minutes ago, M.H. said:

Lol good luck to them proving that changing brand coulivers and fitting oem size wheels contributed to a crash

The insurance company doesn't have to prove anything. It's totally at their discretion whether they'd pay out or not, and if the car is no longer in the state it was originally insured for, it's essentially breaching your contract. That goes for any modification really, regardless of legality.

This isn't the insurance thread though so let's move on.

Yeah I regret mentioning it now, but it was mainly in case those that don't actually know they will be up shit creek, now know if they read the thread. Dude probably won't have insurance on the pile anyway so it was totally a hypothetical. 

7 minutes ago, igor said:

So theoretically I should have got a cert to change my Civic from the factory 12" steel rims to 13" steel rims of a later iteration of the same model that I bought as a parts car?

Wat

no

unless it has a CERT plate attached to the vechile that specifies the modifications / vechile specs for what it was certified.

if no CERT, can do what ever as long as it doesn’t exceed 5% tyre rolling OD from OE

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Also you bunch of potatoes.

if youre building a car, and going through cert process, provided you have the wheels at cert time, you can get your car certed for multiple wheel sizes.

But again boss=costs

• Like 4

Hypothetical question and possibly covered before so apologies if it has..

Car goes for WOF, fails on needing cert for.. I dunno, lets say coil overs because thats topical.
Does this mean the car MUST get a cert to proceed to WOF status or can the suspension be changed to OEM and all good to go for a re check