si

For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

Have a custom diff yolk made with the correct PCD and an internal spline for the pinion. And make it the desired length? Might do all kinds of awful things to your pinion bearings though.

Hi All,

I have to get some retractable seat belts for LVV on my C20. Does anybody know of any NZ approved kits that have the mounting brackets I can fizz in to the B pillar and bolt to the floor? 

Otherwise am I better off just welding a nut to the back of a plate myself?

Cheers

C20.JPG

You will almost certainly need to make the backing plate yourself, the constructors manual is pretty explicit about what is required for situations like yours. I can probably screenshot the relevant pages if you dont have it already.

On a side note I have two brand new retractable seatbelts I can sell you...

• Like 1

Prescott engineering in Auckland sell doubler plates ready made, otherwise any seatbelt installer should be able to get some for you

Have a look at the seatbelt anchorage standard on lvvta.org.nz 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, ThePog said:

You will almost certainly need to make the backing plate yourself, the constructors manual is pretty explicit about what is required for situations like yours. I can probably screenshot the relevant pages if you dont have it already.

On a side note I have two brand new retractable seatbelts I can sell you...

I have the hobby car manual. It doesn't look too difficult. I prefer to buy off the shelf as with my experience with LVV it is easier to show a receipt than to prove what is hidden behind the B pillar. 

Thanks for the offer! I'll shoot you a flirty PM. 

• Like 1

On 14/10/2020 at 09:31, sheepers said:

hey whats the go with brake calipers without dust boots.

is this verboten?

Possible to clarify piston or slide? Could be very pertinent to us as piston boots are NLA for a vehicle we're about to re-reg

On 14/10/2020 at 09:27, jakesae101 said:

Anyone see any issues using these 

https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-RG1319

over the standard trunnion setup off a herald its a scratch built leitch lotus 7, they are obviously by design a bit stronger than the original herald items. 

Fraser cars use that setup but with a lower arm that takes a spherical bearing like that. Lvv rules require a safety washer to prevent the joint from being able to pull through if it gets worn 

• Like 1

On 14/10/2020 at 09:31, sheepers said:

hey whats the go with brake calipers without dust boots.

is this verboten?

7 hours ago, NickJ said:

Possible to clarify piston or slide? Could be very pertinent to us as piston boots are NLA for a vehicle we're about to re-reg

It's never been an issue before, willwood and many other aftermarket calipers dont have dust boots on the pistons

However if the caliper is an oem one and was designed to have dust boots or slide boots then it is likely it would fail, I've never had that come up before  

• Like 1

Hey @cletus

Are the storys regarding re drilling of brake rotors for stud pattern change no longer being legal correct? Car in question will need both a vin and LVVTA cert

Eg 4 Pot S4/5 RX7 Calipers and rotors redrilled for 4x110 or 4x114.3 PCD.

Just want to confirm before i get rid of my brake setup iv got an go find something else too use...

Cheers

FYI @MRWEST Povo spec US model FCs had 4 stud brakes - not sure what diameter the rotors were vs 5 stud but rockauto might be your friend here...

3 hours ago, Evan said:

FYI @MRWEST Povo spec US model FCs had 4 stud brakes - not sure what diameter the rotors were vs 5 stud but rockauto might be your friend here...

huh thats good too know! will do some looking