For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

Ok so my capri was originally a manual,

then I put a V8 with auto box in it and certified it.

now I've changed it back to manual. No cutting anything to put change the auto to manual.

I've heard that I can just pay for an adjustment to my cert plate rather than having to re-certify the whole thing?

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to mount seats in my car.

The 'reputable' aftermarket rails that i have bought are garbage and:

A) sit too high

B) won't let me sit far back enough in my car.

If i eventually want to cert it anyway, can i make my own seat rails out of 3mm steel, in the same fashion as the brackets on my side mounted racetech seat? I'll be using the OEM mounting points in the car, but the rails will now just be made out of steel plate measuring approx 500mm x 60mm rather than the aftermarket ones i have with their bird shit welds.

Car will most likely have an authority card by the time im ready to cert, so i'm not worrying about sliders at this stage (and it's a two seater anyway)

if you have an authority card, the seats can be fixed, if not then the drivers one must be adjustable. you can make your own rails. are your belt buckles mounted off the seat frame?

Ok so my capri was originally a manual,

then I put a V8 with auto box in it and certified it.

now I've changed it back to manual. No cutting anything to put change the auto to manual.

I've heard that I can just pay for an adjustment to my cert plate rather than having to re-certify the whole thing?

last time i asked lvvta if we could do that they said the only thing we can do a plate 'adjustment' for is a wheel size change.

otherwise its a re cert.

only have to look at whats been modified since last cert, so its not too hard, still expensive though

seems to be the latest thing that cops and testing stations have been super tough on lately too, cars that dont match the cert plate 100%. had a guy the other day that was certed for 18'' wheels on a gtr skyline, put original wheels on to go to the drags and got pink stickerd for it. :rolleyes:

Trying to mount seats in my car.

The 'reputable' aftermarket rails that i have bought are garbage and:

A) sit too high

B) won't let me sit far back enough in my car.

If i eventually want to cert it anyway, can i make my own seat rails out of 3mm steel, in the same fashion as the brackets on my side mounted racetech seat? I'll be using the OEM mounting points in the car, but the rails will now just be made out of steel plate measuring approx 500mm x 60mm rather than the aftermarket ones i have with their bird shit welds.

Car will most likely have an authority card by the time im ready to cert, so i'm not worrying about sliders at this stage (and it's a two seater anyway)

if you have an authority card, the seats can be fixed, if not then the drivers one must be adjustable. you can make your own rails. are your belt buckles mounted off the seat frame?

nah seatbelts are mounted on trans tunnel, but for authority card i'll need to delete lap and diagonal belt in favour of harness anyway afaik.

Main issue was regarding home made seat rails. But as long as thats all good, should be able to make it work fine.

IMAG0177-1.jpg

I've had to cut a section out of the stock crossmember to clear the front of the engine I'm swapping in. The crossmember no longer is used to support the engine.

I was going to box this up with 3mm plate is that legit?

The original steel is around 1.5mm thick. Stitch weld or continuous?

Also what dimensions should I make the trans mount plates I weld to the floor? Stitch weld sweet?

Thanks cletus; legend.

Question: Is it legal to swap an S14 silvia crossmember into my corona to use the silvia engine mounts etc. The one thing that needs modifying is the holes which go through the chassis rails are 130mm apart and the factory ones are 80mm apart (aprox). Can I just drill the new holes in the chassis rails and bolt through as normal? I realise this will have to be certed.

Thanks!

It was an observation of fact what you would need rather than a big tick from the cert side.. I'll let Clint confirm that side though.

Chances are you would need to see what you are proposing to confirm it. Also is the suspension or steering tied into the crossmember?

There would be a lot more science going in to that than just swapping it if that was the case..

good chance it would be a LOT easier to make new mounts.

in theory you could use a complete silvia crossmember/rack/struts/brakes. it would be a fair bit of work both in mounting it all correctly and setting it up. potentially a lot better handling and braking if done right.