For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

On 21/12/2023 at 18:18, Early jap nuter said:

Years ago when I was importing cars the warrants were issued at the compliance place and if they weren’t registered within a certain time they de reged and had to go back to compliance,think it was a year not sure but that was back 2008ish

2 years i believe, may have been one .
work had a import petrol Navara that needing re-compliance due to the timeline, but the regs had change between compliance tests and needed a 'sniffer' jammed up it's bum........had to lean it to the point of melting plugs and pinging to pass !!

• Like 1

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway back to why I'm really here, I done something  really dumb, it's oldschool..... most of us fuck up sooner or later lol

20231116_190233.thumb.jpg.f3c9057f28fd9595f69442aecd1ef2f7.jpg

ive aquired this turd, ld28 5 speed beddie  van ... peeled open & a caravan glued on. Its certed, regoed & needs a wof. 

want to reclad the outside, add a bootbox, & fucked  if i know where im shifting the  batteries  to yet. Will dressing it up make any difference  to cert?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 24/12/2023 at 11:18, gettinroundtuit said:

20231116_190011.thumb.jpg.02ed439baef12e446b0c26bcbd5771fd.jpg

classy eh, everything  changes  inside except  the seat mounts, they on cert plate, awesome  gear change too, a foot of lateral  movement & nearly a foot fore & aft lolol

Assuming its a nissan FS5w71b gearbox, there will be bushes on the shifter. If these disintergrate, the shifter will get sloppier than Al's mum.

I know the obvious answer is "replace the seal", which will happen, but is having a shitty windscreen seal on a 70s car with a non-bonded windscreen a WOF issue? The glass is secure, but the previous owner replaced the seal with a shite generic one and there are gaps in the corner instead of it being a one piece seal

The VIRM only really seems to indicate it should be "strong and securely affixed to the vehicle", which is is, because it ain't gonna fall out.