For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is this for real/should we share it about Clint?

John Brett

Anyone who has tried to get a LVV Cert will know the problems of dealing with the LVVTA. As en ex LVV Certifier who has enjoyed Certing many subs, and takes issue with the LVVTA Hot rod focus, I have created a survey. We have a meeting with NZTA NEXT WEDNESDAY, and we want to take along your responses to improve the system! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7H8VXC2

was posted on my other favorite car forums page

more : http://lowvolumevehicle.co.nz/2015/04/nzta-clearly-does-not-have-very-high-standards/

alot of hot air or something the "We" (as car enthusiasts) should be concerned with

remove if spam/not public material

I'm interested in routing my exhaust exit to the side of the car (circled below) and I have read up that the exhausts cannot sit directly below a passenger compartment, I assume where I want it is fine, but I don't know what the limit to how far it can protrude from the body is.

XoLzyNu.jpg

• Like 1

I'm interested in routing my exhaust exit to the side of the car (circled below) and I have read up that the exhausts cannot sit directly below a passenger compartment, I assume where I want it is fine, but I don't know what the limit to how far it can protrude from the body is.

XoLzyNu.jpg

2.1 (4)

in here  http://www.lvvta.org.nz/documents/standards/LVVTA_STD_Exhaust_Noise_Emissions.pdf

As I am also interested in the answer to this question,

( B ) terminates in a position where the outer end of the exhaust pipe is not

directly underneath the passenger compartment.

So the passenger compartment includes the rear part of the softtop?

If so, he can't put it there?

HI All,

hopefully not a repeat question - I've read the last 100 pages of this thread and not found an answer.

If a car has been on reg hold for say 10 years.  Is it best to get it back on the road unmodified, register it, wof it, and then do the mods.  Or just mod and cert.  Obviously the former is easier as you can test it on the road etc.  But, from the certification point of view - any advantages either way?

• Like 1

HI All,

hopefully not a repeat question - I've read the last 100 pages of this thread and not found an answer.

If a car has been on reg hold for say 10 years.  Is it best to get it back on the road unmodified, register it, wof it, and then do the mods.  Or just mod and cert.  Obviously the former is easier as you can test it on the road etc.  But, from the certification point of view - any advantages either way?

id just do what i want to it then cert then wof. that way you may save time and money by not getting it to wof standard then redo work to do the mods.

if you are doing it properly then getting a wof wont be an issue with it modified anyway

This has probably been asked 1000 times, but I can't seem to find anything recent after a quick search

In the process of dropping a 1.8T engine from a MK4 GTI into my MK2 Golf - obviously will need to be certed.

Can anyone tell me how the process works & who are the recommended certifiers in the Auckland area?

Thanks in advance.

id just do what i want to it then cert then wof. that way you may save time and money by not getting it to wof standard then redo work to do the mods.

Get all the shit ready to modify it, then get a wof while stock. Then try get it modified to fuck before the wof runs out. That's what I'd do.

If the rego is still live. I.e you could just take it for a WOF inspection and if it passes register it.

Then I would just modify it and get a LVV Cert completed. Its irrelevant how long its been in unwarranted.

Thanks all.  Decisions decisions....

is this for real/should we share it about Clint?

was posted on my other favorite car forums page

more : http://lowvolumevehicle.co.nz/2015/04/nzta-clearly-does-not-have-very-high-standards/

alot of hot air or something the "We" (as car enthusiasts) should be concerned with

remove if spam/not public material

John Brett is a fuckwit, plain and simple. He could quite easily cause a big stink.
  • Like 4

Falken tires says no more stance for you.

Falken Tyres NZ distributor have released a service bulletin going out to all nz Falken tyre distributors as well as all NZ LVVTA certifiers in regards to the stretching of Falken branded tyres.

For a while now many have used Falken branded tyres stretching onto wide rims because of a printed document stating Falken branded tyres to legally stretch further than that of other brands and the lvvta tyre compatibility guide.

THIS IS NOW VOID & FALKEN TYRES FALL UNDER THE SAME TYRE COMPATIBILITY GUIDE ISSUED BY THE LVVTA

PLEASE FIND LINK BELOW FOR LVVTA TYRE STRETCH GUIDELINES

http://www.lvvta.org.nz/…/LVVTA_Info_01-2009_V2_Tyre_Size_t…

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE THIS WITH PEOPLE THIS MAY EFFECT BUILDING MODIFIED CARS TO MEET CERTIFICATION STANDARDS

plvepex5.tfg.jpg

• Like 1