No license requirement for a classic car?

OBY

I'm all good with the current safety inspection of older cars, one thing I though....

I think there should be slightly more leniency for the testing of brake imbalance on old historic /classic.. I want the convenience of going to a vtnz, but I don't want the ballsache of having to get a 50 year old braking system to be as accurate and repeatable as a modern day equivalent when the car weighs under 700kg and probably couldn't do a 17 second 1/4 mile..

• Like 8

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So today I went to take the little red Mazda out for a Sunday drive on Saturday. The intention was to do a bigger drive than usual 20 km round trip it often does. Probably going to be on the road for 2 hours. 
So the first thing I do is check the tyre pressures as one of the tyres tends to have a slow leak. Do a full walk around the car and get to the tyre with a slow leak and the and the side wall has a huge split on it. I mean huge. (Yes check tyre pressure when warm etc etc etc but this tyre has a leak. So it needs checking BEFORE you drive on it)

pull wheel off, head to town, replace tyre with spare I had in storage. Continue with pre prepared trip. Job done.

But that’s the problem right there. 2 weeks ago I checked and the tyre was fine. Today it was a massive accident waiting to happen.

I know to constantly check these things. Fucking tourists wounders in their shìt wagons have no idea.

We can’t trust people to maintain their cars. The accident statistics in Central prove that.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kiwi808 said:

So today I went to take the little red Mazda out for a Sunday drive on Saturday. The intention was to do a bigger drive than usual 20 km round trip it often does. Probably going to be on the road for 2 hours. 
So the first thing I do is check the tyre pressures as one of the tyres tends to have a slow leak. Do a full walk around the car and get to the tyre with a slow leak and the and the side wall has a huge split on it. I mean huge. (Yes check tyre pressure when warm etc etc etc but this tyre has a leak. So it needs checking BEFORE you drive on it)

pull wheel off, head to town, replace tyre with spare I had in storage. Continue with pre prepared trip. Job done.

But that’s the problem right there. 2 weeks ago I checked and the tyre was fine. Today it was a massive accident waiting to happen.

I know to constantly check these things. Fucking tourists wounders in their shìt wagons have no idea.

We can’t trust people to maintain their cars. The accident statistics in Central prove that.

One must ask, how old was said failed tyre, and how old is the tyre you fitted that was in storage?

• Like 1

It doesn't matter how often you check because tards can't be wrangled

Screenshot_20240428_134027_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b0cf988b0ef0c9810be43351a52d48d3.jpg

Honestly, this should pass if it doesn't impede the movement of the pedals. Decking wood meets the requirement for a non slip surface

• Like 2

I can see many problems with it.

I'd be fucked off if someone wrote my car off because they cable tied a bit of wood to a brake pedal so they could drive a big car  (looks like a falcon dash to me) instead of doing it at least partially properly or choosing a car that fits them properly/better

• Like 4