Sheepers buys a Hilux.

sheepers

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yea cheers for the heads up.

i may put a new radiator in it. i have no idea what state the current one is in, ill know more when i change the condenser.

it "looks" like the water pump is fairly recent but again, for what its worth ill probably just put a new on on it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sheepers said:

oh shit also, i forgot to mention but i need to put some roof racks on it.

its got rails but i don't know what type of rack mount will fit into the rails. 

20240213_185635.jpg

I believe they are called track mounts. 1999 ford Explorer has the same thing. 

You can look up rhino leg track mounts

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sheepers said:

yea cheers for the heads up.

i may put a new radiator in it. i have no idea what state the current one is in, ill know more when i change the condenser.

it "looks" like the water pump is fairly recent but again, for what its worth ill probably just put a new on on it. 

Any history of a head being done?

When the diesel pump starts to leak its a o ring in the top housing of the pump that's a mega cunt to change without putting plastic through the pump and wreking it 

If you go for a hoon to Hyper Drive they will (probably) have all your roof racking needs.

Our surf was the shape before but (apparently) the viscous fans on these is a weak point. More Barry surf’s might know more.

A nice set of Reccaros buckies will look good up front.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, kiwi808 said:

Our surf was the shape before but (apparently) the viscous fans on these is a weak point. More Barry surf’s might know more.

Yeah can change to a thicker fluid in them, mine was fucked that even with super heavy fluid it wouldn't lock up.

Thankfully it only cost me a head gasket and a gasket set etc rather than the brand new head to figure that out.

Brand new one was cheap enough that I shouldn't have bothered trying to mess about changing the oil.

Also the 10 blade fan from late model 1KD Hilux is a big upgrade from the stock 7 blade, @GuyWithAviators is the man to talk to about them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sheepers said:

Did the 185s come out with recaros?

I wasn't sure if it was only the 130s?

Yeah they certainly did, had a headrest with horizontal strings, instead of the fishnet type. See them more often in the V6 Petrol models.

B-3-16.jpg

• Like 7