King Country Crusade 17th 18th 19th November 2023

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

damn this seems like such a sweet trip, wish I would be around in Taumarunui to catch up. If anyone needs tools or a garage to work on shit while in Taumarunui let me know am sure I can arrange something.

• Like 1

Bike choice: We're trying to keep this ride in the spirit of previous Eastcapescapades, so bring your small, old, shitty, modified motorbikes and scooters along.

50cc scoots should be sweet if you're comfortable enough on gravel. We've set the route so there is minimal fast highway riding and maximal slow backroads. If you can manage a cruise at 60-70kph you'll be right in the middle of the bunch.

If all you have is a DRZ400 then noone is gonna say no but it could be pretty boring when (hopefully!) everyone else is nangin' hard, throttle pinned trying to do 60kph up a hill. Buy or borrow something small and shit and send it!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 29/07/2023 at 13:13, iwanttobeamole said:

Looks coooooooooool!  Sign me up!

I'll probably tow trailer over from Hawkes Bay if anyone on this side of the hill or in between needs a lift, I've got space. 

17 hours ago, WankBankA100 said:

I'm in! Sign me up Scotty.

On 28/07/2023 at 13:50, Beaver said:

Holy heck this looks good. Need to check the calendar on the back of the shitter door.

Cheer boes get that accommodation booked and fill the entry form in!

We will get in a reccy drive before hand, but most of the roads are known, if not by me, then by @Itchybear, so yeah should be sweet.

Its been a few years since I did the old Whanga road, so we will check that out too and see: a) how long it takes and b) Can it be done on a YB125

It might be that it just adds too much to the day, especially where there is no fuel. But we will check it out, cos it would be fucking ace.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, anglia4 said:

We will get in a reccy drive before hand, but most of the roads are known, if not by me, then by @Itchybear, so yeah should be sweet.

Its been a few years since I did the old Whanga road, so we will check that out too and see: a) how long it takes and b) Can it be done on a YB125

It might be that it just adds too much to the day, especially where there is no fuel. But we will check it out, cos it would be fucking ace.

I did find a 4 wheel drive video of it from 3 months ago and I’m still standing by my initial comment of its not possible.

but the rest of it should be sweeeet.