Eagle Sticker anyone?

j.e.d.

3 hours ago, dabuzz said:

so ratty - so mid 80s evil car movie vibe - love it!

Actually looks like a really good clean up would make a huge difference alone, before pouring much $$ into it.

Agreed, its been sitting around under a tarp for a couple of years not going anywhere due to the guy having an unfortunate accident with a skid steer running over him and fucking his back up, so low cars are off the books for him now.

• Sad 3

It's a 1977-8 model Firebird or as the above pic a Trans am. The car used in the film Smokey and the Bandit was a updated 1976 to 1977 spec's for sales of the new model reason. 

They are a good car to drive and handle well for a road car from that time. Much better than most of the others built in the USA at the time.

• Like 1

Mine is a 1975 Firebird with what I assume is a later model front on it.. tail lights too? I wouldn’t have a clue sorry, all I know is I like it regardless of it being a bit of a mongrel. I’m looking forward to spending some time on it over the next couple of weeks and taking it for a drive.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, yoeddynz said:

This is sooooooooooooooo much cooler than the mustang. 

Good life decisions. 

Ate you not tempted to it back change it back to manual? 

ahh yea, I identify more with Smokey & the Bandit than the Gone in 60 Seconds.. born in 73 probably attributes to that timeline math equation

Admittedly yes, I am tempted to get it back to the original 400 & manual.. that'd make it pretty special.. think I'll concentrate on getting it WOF'd in the short term and see what the tarot cards tell me afterward.

• Like 3

On 04/07/2023 at 08:33, Beaver said:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0yyHBq

Could be worth a shot? Haha

Else surely someone on the US makes reproduction ones. Can't imagine it would be cheap to get someone local to make a one off. @Archetype may be able to share some insight

Brent should still have the eagle on file actually. We did one for a trans am back in 2019 or something. It was huuuuuge. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Truenotch said:

Brent should still have the eagle on file actually. We did one for a trans am back in 2019 or something. It was huuuuuge. 

Cool, I actually ordered a couple off that link, will probably turn up and be the size of a shoebox so will chase him up if/when AliExpress makes me regret my online purchase.