DirtyThirtys 1984 Toyota Starlet KP61

DirtyThirty

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 03/10/2023 at 18:53, lownslow said:

Pretty sure I may of owned this years ago, but I cant remember the rego number when/if i had it. 4age, Dark blue, cream interior, drop hatch with flat front conversion, Oldschool cert plate on it.

Theres been a few rego #s, but that sounds about right. Not sure about cream interior, I got it with black vinyl painted over Toyota brown

On 08/10/2023 at 08:21, ajg193 said:

image.jpeg

Is that massive rust above relay block?

Yeap "FIXED" by PO. Its on the list of the greater rust I've found. They rust through the cowl, its a previous repair done badly.

Can see a good chunk of daylight from the otherside. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 13/11/2023 at 23:14, BlownCorona said:

it looks like that spoiler was designed to have a thick rubber gasket under the leading edge? i bet it would look better with one. cut nice and flush to suit. 

None of them seem to run anything and just are open there. But that's not a terrible idea! Might give that one a go

On 22/11/2023 at 12:36, Dudley said:

Aren’t 210cc injectors smaller than stock ones?

I THINK stock 4AGE bigport ones were 220/210cc. With the years of gunk etc in them im sure they were flowing less than ideally anyways, so these new ones in theory should be fine. 
Im not going to be making any more power than stock at this point. Maybe in future, but ill deal with them then. 

On 01/12/2023 at 17:43, mjrstar said:

You'll need a pretty decent breaker for the battery, I think the one in my Mazda is about 150a and it's not really enough...

I was looking at 120 amp ones, so I'll look for something higher.

Maybe I'll call an actual sparky because I start a fire....

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/11/2023 at 15:01, DirtyThirty said:

Went ahead and installed the T3 wing, again not overly happy with how they have gaps. But turned out better than I thought.

What I dont like is that they sit back from the hinged area of the boot, i get why, because otherwise they hit the roof. And I dont like they have gaps on the corner sides, but every single one I've seen installed looks like this. 

Few more screws to be installed but overall, not terrible. 

image.jpeg.a4965fb37d9f5b7f63427df89c21e28c.jpeg image.jpeg.836ef9be72ba745365af3cb66dfdcb6d.jpeg

I have an og trd fiberglass roof wing from jp that I've had a mould made. Could potentially get one made if you are interested? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1