Tortrons it's old school now wingroad

tortron

IMG_20221013_162218_edit_531536806464726.thumb.jpg.c774992beaa11eb94b6611898e3b12e5.jpg

Fans plug in no worries, Sr20 fans are thinner than GA fans BTW. 

Hopefully itl clear the engine when it goes in, and hopefully itl clear the turbo and alternator etc. Sounds like people fit one Sr20 fan for clearance if they don't have a full donor. (it doesn't matter, but the metal shield just barely clears the alternator on the GA with the bluebird radiator) 

I also offered up the crossmembers that goes front to back under thr engine, with the mounts on it. They are different construction. Ga15 has a tube type member, Sr20de has pressed steel. 

The front mount appears to be the same, can't see the rear well enough but I'm told it's different and you need the Sr20 one. The members them selves look to be the same length and spacing, so with some luck I can use the Sr20 one complete (not a major to swap the rear mount, it just looks a bit beefier, assuming all the distances are the same otherwise) 

Will confirm all mounts once the engine is out. Potentially need to use the bluebird high pressure steering hose. Apparently you can use the aircon system with what's in the car without major work. 

• Like 3

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy these shitbox updates. I replaced the gearbox on my GA15 b12 Sentra wagon with a PaP unit. It came out hilariously easy. Although it wasn’t funny when my flatmate was lying under the car and I undid some bolts up top and the engine dropped down fairly quickly towards his face only being held up with the clutch cable. 

/lingor 

8B52C90C-CFD2-4D7E-A3D5-882D5DD9B20C.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Cool

Y11 hub assembly is indeed effectively the same dimensions as the y10 hub assembly except for

Minor casting differences

4x114 PCD rather than 4x100 (pretty sure just swap those over if you wanted to just change that) 

Narrower brake caliper mounting holes. 

Spline count and size is identical

Need to go to wrecker and measure some brakes to see if the random forum posts from 2005 are true or not, but there's 3 options.

1 11" disk and twin pot calipers from w10 avenir. This would be great, il just take all the brake parts off it for the full system. 

2. Big single pot brakes and 11" disk from fully kitted Y11 or u14 bluebird

3. Change my pcd only to match rear end, as I technically have the good brakes in terms of bolt on to that hub

Cvs are still stuck in the bluebird box, might see if I can get them to come out, I separated one outer cv to get the shafts to fit out when I pulled it. Hopefully they are an OK length

OK simple fix on the axles and cvs. Will Rock auto some complete axles for nissan b13 sentra se-r. This had the Sr20de fitted and has the same track width (1445mm) as the wingroad. This will give me all 4 cvs and new axles. Considering how many kms the bluebird ones have on them I think it's worth the fee. 

That shipping tho 

• Like 6

AND THEN I OFFERED UP THE BLUEBIRD BITS AND NOTHING FITS

Damn

Turns out bluebird was not the ideal donor for mounts. You could bolt up the crossmember using the GA bits, bit the rubbers are half the size of the bluebirds. 

IMG_20221015_160349.thumb.jpg.78dd514e99f1d04d95b17cf6696516ef.jpg

Here's the bluebird crossmember mounted to the ga

• Like 1

Uses different style front mount, rear is smaller

There's also some mounting differences at the back of itIMG_20221015_130150_edit_668400601592801.thumb.jpg.7f59163c9189415f84aaf306f69ca568.jpg

Most of this could have been avoided by having a better donor car. So this afternoon I went to the wreckers and found a bolt in crossmember that uses the bigger Sr20 mounts 

A smaller Sr20 comparable rhs engine mount

And figured out I have the wrong trans if I want to bolt it in. Bluebird is 50 series, looks like I need a 30 series (some people upgrade to p11, so I might sniff around there, I found one on a p10 sr18 that would work) alternatively I'd need to make a trans side mount to suit the bluebird box and wingroad mounting holes (the mounts are totally different, the round rubber faces 90 degrees different between them, holes are all different) apparently the Sr20de sentras had an issue with 5th popping out, so if I can get a trans that doesn't do that, that would be great 

Main issue is identifying them, as I now have to study what to look for. 

Also something that fits the axles would be great

• Like 3

I have an unknown condition unknown model of car (maybe sr18 U13?) 5 speed which I do not want.  If you were local I would wait until you go out, and then dump it on your doorstep. If you find a means of getting home it's all yours. $0.00.

Maybe sit in on the foot deck of the an125?

• Like 1

Il have to check the wrecker again, I think the p10 has the other half of the mount spot welded to the chassis rail, which would be a pain. Need to visit some other manual cars to see what's possible. I can make a bolt on mount for the wingroad at least 

This is the wingroads chassis rail and mount 

Screenshot_20221015_165847_com.android.gallery3d.thumb.jpg.9ad9b2e59b1a905b18dd91a5133aae6f.jpgScreenshot_20221015_165854_com.android.gallery3d.thumb.jpg.5f90163ee05d67749646391ed8ab5ec5.jpg

This is the bluebird mount 

Screenshot_20221015_170234_com.android.gallery3d.thumb.jpg.5af2b69a96af007739b2411b947b541f.jpg

The holes don't line up, theres 4 over rather than 3 

Also spread out more, but I think if I just made a bracket for the mount the 3 would be fine. 

The se-r axles will Definately work with a 32 trans, I'm not so sure about the 50 series bluebird one now so I may just need to change boxes. Cvs still stuck in it so some key measurements can't be taken yet

• Like 3

6 hours ago, tortron said:

This is the bluebird mount 

Screenshot_20221015_170234_com.android.gallery3d.thumb.jpg.5af2b69a96af007739b2411b947b541f.jpg

The holes don't line up, theres 4 over rather than 3 

Also spread out more, but I think if I just made a bracket for the mount the 3 would be fine. 

The se-r axles will Definately work with a 32 trans, I'm not so sure about the 50 series bluebird one now so I may just need to change boxes. Cvs still stuck in it so some key measurements can't be taken yet

I have played this game before. 32 box is cable clutch, 50 is hydraulic.

32 box has smaller gears, not necessarily weaker I think. But this means you need a 32 hanger bracket off the back of the motor for the right hand shaft as its closer to the engine than the 50 series box.

Manual cars also had a mount on the front of the crossmember to help reduce the shock load. Especially if you want to operate the clutch and gears in a manner befitting a certain character from chch who can tell a story

• Like 1
  • Haha 1