tortron

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

There's very little bolting on happening in this bolt on conversion 

IMG_20230314_115138_edit_264953119646548.thumb.jpg.6176f4d027f8325eedd5956ba9e55500.jpg

Issues being

Trans mount is too long. Il probably modify it to be the same but shorter

Passenger axle is wrong. Apparently I ordered the wrong one, I think I got an early one when I needed a later one. Inner spline is too long, later ones appear to have a shorter spline. I never saw any one mention this or that there's any difference in boxes used, otherwise appears it will work, could cut down the axle spline but I think it would want its snap wing groove put back on, probably just get another. 

There was no mention of the gearbox mount being different but maybe I'd better check that it's not also the case 

Drivers side looks correct, but I have not offered it up yet 

Removed exhaust manifold, its cracked. Guess I have no option but to turbo it now. 

Obviously will need to be clocked to be more upright, but I may still have fitment issues with the front "engine mount" worst case I guess I put an auto crossmember on /cut the bracket off to clear the pressure side outlet pipe

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The BX mount is from N15 Gti and NX-r sss, which is why I haven't found any at the wreckers. 

Also everyone sells the wrong one under the supplied part number, you get an mx or my mount. You have to go and do their job for them and insist you get the one with BX on at great expense

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Big 11" brake set up

Y11 hub with 11" disk and caliper from a cvt hyper p11

IMG_20230607_114512_edit_1475516621201935.jpg

I totally forgot to look at thr brakes on the avenir I got thr turbo piping off, so might have missed the twin pots. I think this will be a fine set up alongside the disco rear

• Like 8

The only thing to note is the banjo clocks in vertically on the y10 caliper and at 3 o clock on the p11 hyper one. 

This makes the y10 line a bit short to fit in the bracket. The y10 banjo is also thinner than the p11, and the y10 banjo bolt is a lot shorter than the p11 banjo bolt. 

This makes the hole in thr bolt not centered if you use the p11 bolt. The short bolt seems OK in the p11 caliper along with the y10 hose, not sure how key the thread engagement is here. I may go check the hoses and see if I can find a longer + thicker combo that will work

I think Y11 hoses and or struts may be worth looking at

IMG_20230607_120618.jpg

Oh also I don't think you can fit 14s any more. But unless you have a slammed y10 AD wagon on 13" steelies that's not really an issue

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

If i ignore the tabs on the caliper it fits fine

IMG_20230607_131217.thumb.jpg.9897c47141c2c32d4f6373b0340dee09.jpg

(other then the banjo bolt oriface being smaller than the long banjo bolt, the long one will probably work, it's chamfer starts at the level of the copper washer) 

Suitible larger factory line would be ideal, or slightly more faffing and I could get a pair of braided ones made with a 90 on the banjo

• Like 4

For future

P11 5 speed more or less will bolt on. Should handle up to 500whp without becoming glitter immediately, daily at around 300 reliably 

Possibly stronger because has the cool looking finned case which flexes less

Has bolts for both top mount and side mount trans mount

Can convert to cable using the earlier trans parts with a little grinding and a bushing made for bottom of the shaft. But just convert the car to hydro clutch 

Believe for open diff, can use that wrong (post 97 date) cv axle on the left side and use the older axle on the right

99p11 has SE-R gear ratios

Shifter rod attachment is a bit different, possibly not a problem for me as I have a p10 crossmember and it's offset at that place

• Like 8

If anyone is wrecking a manual P10, I'd like a couple bits. 

The front/rear brackets (I suppose the left and right of the engine, whatever the bits that attach to the crossmember are) 

Are slightly out on the bluebird ones. I can make the ones I have fit, but I think the p10 ones will be juuuuuust right

3 minutes ago, RUNAMUCK said:

The humble P10 is getting to be a rare sight nowdays. Granted I havent been for a long time, but there used to be 5 or 6 at pick a part at any given time.

There's always a couple, but usually auto 

• Like 1

So the trick for the front brake hoses is use Y11 hoses which are the same length as the y10, and include the banjo locating pin 

And use the Y11 banjo bolt. It seems that the caliper thread depth is the same, and just threads in less on the y11s for whatever reason

Also looks like if you pick the right Y11 it also has these 11c brakes (the one I looked at had the calipers pulled to bits and half missing, but the dust shields measure up)