Tortrons it's old school now wingroad

tortron

7 hours ago, fletch said:

I have played this game before. 32 box is cable clutch, 50 is hydraulic.

32 box has smaller gears, not necessarily weaker I think. But this means you need a 32 hanger bracket off the back of the motor for the right hand shaft as its closer to the engine than the 50 series box.

Manual cars also had a mount on the front of the crossmember to help reduce the shock load. Especially if you want to operate the clutch and gears in a manner befitting a certain character from chch who can tell a story

Yup I learnt all this last night. The bluebird shafts are way bigger than everything using a 32 too so I'd need the hanger bearing anyways. They have a 5th gear that pops out when the dog teeth wear 

I'm only looking at manual cars/parts so they all have the front mount, man not many manuals at the wreckers now. Anyways I have the full hydro set up off the bluebirds, and the wingroad is cable, so parts for either. 

32 box I'd need

Axles - se-r (looks like 25 teeth in, 25 teeth out, suits my hubs, and has the correct abs ring) 

Hanger bearing/bracket

Se-r left hand engine mount. (the chassis bracket is the same or almost identical between the b13 sentra and wingroad) 

Clutch to suit

Everything bolts together

The 50 series has been done, but not very much online because Americans didn't get the maxima with an Sr20, so none of their gearboxes have the right bellhousing. 

Would need

Axles to suit, potentially modify to suit y11 outer cvs. They are alot thicker than wingroad or even the Sr20 sentra axles. I think the box end splines are 24 tooth, someone once mentioned 89 nx axles will fit it and fit a b13 which I could look at

Fabricate a left hand mount/bracket to suit the box. 

Fit the hydro clutch, I'm pretty sure there's room for the master there

I'm kind of leaning towards a 32 box and have everything off the shelf/wrecker, I probably should do a new clutch either way, and just buying axles that fit sounds more economic than having some modified 

• Like 1

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct radiator for this will be a p10 primera. It's the same as the ga15 wingroad in dimensions and style, but it has the 35mm hose outlets for the bigger SR hoses. 

There's one at the wreckers, old but in good cond. But I'd rather pay another $50 and get a new one:thumbleft:

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, tortron said:

Correct radiator for this will be a p10 primera. It's the same as the ga15 wingroad in dimensions and style, but it has the 35mm hose outlets for the bigger SR hoses. 

There's one at the wreckers, old but in good cond. But I'd rather pay another $50 and get a new one:thumbleft:

Good choice. I only have regrets from wrecker radiators.

• Like 2

I took the rhs engine mount out of a h11 presea

IMG_20221016_110115.thumb.jpg.c6e4f92bad27f60926bea3cea6a14d61.jpg

It is the correct type. 

However I will also need the bracket/plate it bolts to on the engine as the bluebird one is different again. Maybe someone has an Sr20 dead on their floor? Be easier to take it off an engine not in the car, bit of a pain at the wreckers as it slumps over when you pull the mount 

Basically I chose a bad donor, but it was a great car to drive till the wof ran out and there was nothing cheaper, so I might have to buy a blown facebork hustle engine for a few bits 

• Like 2

Are you sorted for flywheel etc? I believe this setup collecting rust in my shed is to suit sr20.

The Original plan was to mod it to fit between Evo motor and 370z gearbox, but Nissan rb26 made way more sense once I found out it shared the same crank pcd as early 6 bolt 4g63

20221016_121122_compress11.jpg

35 minutes ago, mjrstar said:

Are you sorted for flywheel etc? I believe this setup collecting rust in my shed is to suit sr20.

The Original plan was to mod it to fit between Evo motor and 370z gearbox, but Nissan rb26 made way more sense once I found out it shared the same crank pcd as early 6 bolt 4g63

20221016_121122_compress11.jpg

How many spline is the clutch? 

All fwd sr20s (not 4wd/det. 4wd is same, larger, diam as rwd) have same diam flywheel, but if I change boxes I'd need a different clutch and pressure plate

I think that's for rwd

Bluebird one is 215mm diam, 24 spline,  25.4mm spline diam

Somethung with a 32a box would have 215mm diam, 18 spline, 20.5 spline diam

Stock RWD SR20 clutches utilize a 240mm diameter, 24 spline clutch disc with a 25.6mm diameter sprung hub.

I believe I wouldn't physically fit on the fwd flywheel