johnnyfive

Eastcapescapade 2018 November 9-10-11

Recommended Posts

Yea now I’m in same island as this I am deffs gonna make it to wherever the ride is. I think the only person I know of who’s been thru waikaremoana is p8vete so would be a good part of the country to explore. Jugs of Waikato at murupara tav and perhaps a social geography lesson at Kaingaroa Village would also be interesting

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MaxPower said:

big bush at tuai is a good place to stay. not many rules there too.

That place has shut down now which sucks. We used to stay there for work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive got nothing to add cept dont be whatever colour the tribesmen dont like (probably white im guessing) around Kaiangaroa/Murupara

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You fullas should do a different route / adventure. Taranaki hardcore loop. Or rainbow / molesworth loop. Or 90 mile beach / Cape Reinga loop. Or Coromandal loop. Or Napier. / Hastings loop 

Stuff like that 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah gonna have a get together tomorrow night and talk turkey about how doable a different route is. Is hard to try avoid too many main roads for the 50cc boyz, and have a ride start and finish somewhere without too much doubling up.

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, My name is Russell said:

You fullas should do a different route / adventure. Taranaki hardcore loop. Or rainbow / molesworth loop. Or 90 mile beach / Cape Reinga loop. Or Coromandal loop. Or Napier. / Hastings loop 

Stuff like that 

There are groups doing things like that more and more often but they don't get called Eastcape because they aren't on the Eastcape. Usually smaller groups too. The boys did Whangamomomomomoomona and 42 traverse over a weekend recently which looked insane. Even encountered a meth'd out Terrano owner who'd been stuck for a couple of days. 

Lots more people keen on this kind of riding which is epic.

I like the idea of a ride which is accessible for a massive group of people on slow and semi slow bikes. The charm of starting at a persons place we know and finishing there means a tonne of logistics that are usually annoying at the start and end of a long ride are taken care of. Keen as to see other parts and do other things anywhere and everywhere. Excited to see what happens this year. 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, My name is Russell said:

You fullas should do a different route / adventure. Taranaki hardcore loop. Or rainbow / molesworth loop. Or 90 mile beach / Cape Reinga loop. Or Coromandal loop. Or Napier. / Hastings loop 

Stuff like that 

Keen for all of these

need to make adventure bike

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im kinda keen to go, but my scoot tops out at 60 and i dont wanna be the slow guy at the back of the pack 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Ned said:

im kinda keen to go, but my scoot tops out at 60 and i dont wanna be the slow guy at the back of the pack 

Yeh, back of the pack Dan/Ruckus guy, now has a 125 Grom, so the position is open for slow guy. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ned said:

im kinda keen to go, but my scoot tops out at 60 and i dont wanna be the slow guy at the back of the pack 

The Lead? It should be way faster than that. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

with 10-5 riding it maybe... with me i can get 65 out of it on a flat road with no wind or a tail wind... but i sit at 60, or just over most the time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Ned said:

im kinda keen to go, but my scoot tops out at 60 and i dont wanna be the slow guy at the back of the pack 

 

1 hour ago, Vintage Grumble said:

Yeh, back of the pack Dan/Ruckus guy

i thought/found it worked well if you are stuffing around looking at stuff and saw him go past then it meant time to go, he just didnt get to have any/many stops to look about

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MopedNZ said:



I like the idea of a ride which is accessible for a massive group of people on slow and semi slow bikes. The charm of starting at a persons place we know and finishing there means a tonne of logistics that are usually annoying at the start and end of a long ride are taken care of. Keen as to see other parts and do other things anywhere and everywhere. Excited to see what happens this year. 


 

^^^this exactly 

I'm defo gonna up my horsepower for this year's ride.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Ned said:

with 10-5 riding it maybe... with me i can get 65 out of it on a flat road with no wind or a tail wind... but i sit at 60, or just over most the time

I still think you should be able to hit 70 at least. They go fairly well. 

Might need to inspect the belt and variator? And maybe clean out the carb and exhaust.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

probably needs a lot of things TBH... might not be a bad idea to pull it apart and give it all a once over one day haha

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now