What diesel engine?

ThePog

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, ThePog said:

The nkr's seem expensive, and I do not have millions to spend... Plus I like having a decent project on the go, it keeps me sane.

The other option I have thought about is a 80 series landy or lwb safari, removing the body and either mounting a cab or building a cab from scratch for it. The advantage is that the running gear is all sorted, you just need to work out the pedals and steering stuff. Plus if you built it from scratch it could have sweet Russian military styling...

How hard can it be?

you can basically build the ugliest type of cab and make it look fully legit with appropriate military paint, add ons like snorkle, light bar, bull bars and the staunchness these can create. ugly but functional = easier to build. ideas...

Leyland Truck (768x1024).jpg

Montricher (1024x768).jpg

smile (1024x768).jpg

• Like 4

I realise I am hijacking your thread but after our conversation in the pub I know that you too would get a boner seeing something like this jacked up on a more modern 4wd chassis (it doesn't have a double cab though.. but things can be stretched. Its probably one of nicest old trucks Ive ever seen.  Its sort of the style of cab I like and available in a more attainable Bedford K series (might have the model code wrong there but some Bedford foamer will correct me ... @footey will know)

I love it (1024x768).jpg

• Like 3

On 8/13/2017 at 13:43, yoeddynz said:

I realise I am hijacking your thread but after our conversation in the pub I know that you too would get a boner seeing something like this jacked up on a more modern 4wd chassis (it doesn't have a double cab though.. but things can be stretched. Its probably one of nicest old trucks Ive ever seen.  Its sort of the style of cab I like and available in a more attainable Bedford K series (might have the model code wrong there but some Bedford foamer will correct me ... @footey will know)

I love it (1024x768).jpg

That's a 50's U23 Citroen.

Im imagining its quite rare? We stumbled upon it when we found a classic car show while out biking not far from Saint Tropez, along the Cote D'Azure, South France. Spoke in my finest shit french to fella at gate and explained we have a classic Bedford truck and could we bring it. He said yes so we raced back to where Hannahs truck was parked and drove it back to the show. However when they saw that it was being 'lived in' they wouldn't allow us entry :-(  A bit snobby in them parts....

Anyway- I just fell in love with that Citroen. It was fully road legal and looked like it was being used as a daily. Never found the owner to ask about it though.

• Like 3

Go knock on the door of the Army barracks in the middle of Nelson. 

They have a uni mog that was made before I was born (1985 model) and it's done 45,000 on the hub. 

Portal axels drive shaft shroud. 

Would be nice to see some more mog campers about. 

• Like 2

The brother of a guy I worked with has a Dyna 4x4 1KZ project on the go. Its actually a hilux chassis with double cab dyna body and wellside on it with a serious 1KZ. There was pics floating around last year of it when he dummy fit the Toyota V12 he has to the chassis for a laugh

• Like 4