Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kimjon

Kimjon's Harley bobber project

13 posts in this topic

What's your paint plans?

How was the frame welded to pass cert? MIG or TIG?

yeah re- frame, did you build or buy second hand?

this should look pretty rad man

Nice work

Frame is an ultima product and welds are all tig welded.This gives a good base to build off, but enough room to tweak proportions to put your own style on it.

I used a 4" over front end, to compensate I balanced the rear with a 17" wheel as weirdly this gave a higher overall diameter compared to other available choices in that width tyre due to aspect ratio. The taller than normal rear wheel lifts the rear up to level its stance (close enough).

Kj

This is awsome!

8 hours ago, Bellicose said:

What's your paint plans?

Poo brown metallic at this stage...but may change my mind?

Hi, what's the rules on indicators and stop lights?

There are those clever led strips that do just about everything (lights, split turn signals left/right and rear brake light). I'd love to bend one around the inner lip of my rear fender, or perhaps under the seat?

Is this a reality...or will a certification engineer just laugh at me and tell me to pis off? 

Your thoughts/experiences please? Thanks

Best day ever!

Went to Rotorua swap meet today with a good mate. Coffees, chups (yes I know it's spelt chips), more coffee, secondhand tools...bogans, munters, she-mullets and hardcore westies...what's not to like?

Then I find it, like a diamond in a goat's arse...the missing flanges I've been looking for since ages ago!

IMG_20170709_132337.thumb.jpg.fe93d99a86e03756917d943b7acc6018.jpg

They even came with a  manifold for a girl's harley (aka Sportster). Grubby as fuck and looking unloved, but a quick going over with the sandblaster had them looking new again. Pictured fitted to the 1340 manifold...success!

Best day ever!!!

2 people like this

On 6/13/2017 at 10:23, Kimjon said:

Hi, what's the rules on indicators and stop lights?

There are those clever led strips that do just about everything (lights, split turn signals left/right and rear brake light). I'd love to bend one around the inner lip of my rear fender, or perhaps under the seat?

Is this a reality...or will a certification engineer just laugh at me and tell me to pis off? 

Your thoughts/experiences please? Thanks

They'd have to be stamped as compliant for NZ as there is a certain standard for them to meet (can't remember the wording though sorry). I got a clear cats eye style one for mine when I built it, but I used later model Harley indicators & that worked well & looked good for what I was doing.

1 person likes this

Carburetor turned up today...yay!!!IMG_20170726_211114.thumb.jpg.1b4a36953fc5bd37134bbb2deb82d288.jpg

IMG_20170726_211627.thumb.jpg.f682c2d2ee6fb06037c02b82e643ae5a.jpg

Another step closer. But no rush, as I don't really want to finish it, as then I'd have nothing to obsess over.

4 people like this