SR2’s 1947 Vauxhall “Rigamortice” Discussion thread.

sr2

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, sr2 said:

I realise it's British and usually used for clocks and instruments but is BA metric?

It starts with 0BA being 6mm and pitch of 1mm. But it is then scaled up or down by pitch 0.9^(ba size) and then the diameter is based on that pitch size

The thread of a 0ba won't hold any load in a metric 6mm hole

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Leone said:

This is one epic build.... a true "from back in my day" resurection, wonder how much wild turkey/wine/homebrew went into the build? haha

Must be getting real close to a test drive now.

Yeah, this one's been a lot of fun. Ticks all the boxes for my irrational passion for overly impractical solutions to problems that never existed in the first place. The worlds full of boring people acting like sheep making the same old boring rods & custom cars that just confirm to  the "boring rules" that they all seem to make for each other. Long live OldSchool anarchy! 

Still have a complete rewire (resurrecting 75 year old gauges and switches...etc.),Interior doors and body panels to fit and one thousand and one small time consuming jobs to have it fully on road as my daily driver. I'm hoping I'll be doing illegal skis around the block within 4 months and on road legal by the end of the year.

I'm already planning my next project, watch this space!

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I also brought one of those Silverdale 14" jobbies for my build. Should suffice for the 'not much more than 200 HP' I have at my disposal. I'm glad you mentioned those zip ties. I've been displeased with my use of them, but was going to be lazy. Will be cutting them off now and doing the right thing.

Great build btw. Looking forward to skids. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 22/03/2023 at 11:13, Flash said:

Pity I didn't know about your trip to Bundy, Simon. You could have dropped around for a bevy and a yarn. I'm just down the road in Bargara.

Hi Mate, I didn't realise you were so close. I'm usually at my brothers place in Mooloolaba  once or twice a year, will look you up next time I'm over.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, Nominal said:

What's the rest of the story on that pic?

If you like that, you'll love this

Twin-Superchargers-2.jpg.8272d2743aca4da660407e34980813ae.jpg

Moss supercharger thread on the MGexp forum

I had one of those overflow bottles, did you buy it around 12 years ago? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, SOHC said:

Could you not put the expansion tank any higher?

Yes I could have put it higher, but the thought process was the system gets topped up from the brass cap on the port side and the position saved some tight bends on the feeder hose. Ideally the tank would be mounted higher and in the centre but with the bonnet opening from each side it would be hard to access.