SR2’s 1947 Vauxhall “Rigamortice” Discussion thread.

sr2

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, tortron said:

I have at least a couple of these

image.png.69568b4e6ed13fdf06acf832ff21d28f.png

Scooter floats. 

I think the arm goes through the Cork on yours? Could swap that plastic one on. Or solder the arms together. 

Yes the arm does go through the cork, at a guess that float would be ideal.

3 hours ago, tortron said:

IMG_20221022_095850_edit_1021219428475423.jpg

Thanks for that mate. By my rough & ready calc's the cork float is 64 cc whereas the hollow scooter float is 17 cc.

Love the idea but I'll need to find a larger float, might visit my local Auto Sparky after the weekend otherwise a trip to Pickapart will be called for.

• 5 weeks later...

That's a bugger. 

Here is the info from the post:

Up for sale is my 1937 vauxhall hotrod have had this for 5 years to build but now just sits in shed as have no time to drive , paint was fully blasted of and was professionally painted in 2 pac hermatige red , has all hr holden running gear inc front end , brakes and diff ,interior was fully redone in cream leather to original specs , 15 inch dragway mags , it has a warmed up holden 179 HP red motor and tri magic gearbox with a 2300 rpm convertor motor and box were fully rebuilt with picks to prove , I have over 100 photos of build and is all blue tag plated for qld it is on full qld rego but will need a few things for rwc as wipers don’t work , carby may need reco as been sitting and idles rough .. Many hours of work went into this and very reluctant to sell but we are moving to the farm out west and is on a dirt road so can’t take it , plates IAMA37 can stay with sale but you will need to supply rwc or rego will be canceled .I no this isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but was built so anyone could drive it , it can be changed to a v8 if someone wants to so please no keyboard hero’s or you will be blocked in comments .

Asking price is Aus $30K and I've added the rest of the photos that were with the listing.

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Good luck with the STA bends.

I tried to save a few bucks with them too, the steel they've used is shit and seems to go brittle and crack.

Had one completely snap off right after the flange of my turbo (before you think it was my weld failing it snapped about 10mm behind the weld) leaving me with a rather loud trip between Tauranga and Gisborne.   Then another big crack further down by the muffler, I added extra bracing and this last WOF check they pointed out a hole about the size of a 10c coin just completely blown out with 2 big cracks spreading from it.

Been a year and I'm about to remake my complete exhaust from better material.

• Sad 2

11 hours ago, Raizer said:

Good luck with the STA bends.

I tried to save a few bucks with them too, the steel they've used is shit and seems to go brittle and crack.

Had one completely snap off right after the flange of my turbo (before you think it was my weld failing it snapped about 10mm behind the weld) leaving me with a rather loud trip between Tauranga and Gisborne.   Then another big crack further down by the muffler, I added extra bracing and this last WOF check they pointed out a hole about the size of a 10c coin just completely blown out with 2 big cracks spreading from it.

Been a year and I'm about to remake my complete exhaust from better material.

Ouch! I'd be looking at stainless for a turbo system, usually higher temperatures involved. I've found with the correct wire stainless is easy to mig with your usual co2/argon mig gas.

• Like 1

Just spotted your Triumph clutch slave is upside down bleed nipple should be at top or there's a 50/50 chance you'll have a nightmare bleeding it. 

Ask me how I know........ I may stare of into the distance while I recall a Triumph with the clutch that was never right.

2 hours ago, Muncie said:

Just spotted your Triumph clutch slave is upside down bleed nipple should be at top or there's a 50/50 chance you'll have a nightmare bleeding it. 

Ask me how I know........ I may stare of into the distance while I recall a Triumph with the clutch that was never right.

Well spotted mate. I have yet to get to installing the plumbing and bleeding.

I'll take your most welcomed advise.